L vs SL55 AMG

99BlkLitng

Established Member
Pulled up to a light next to a Mercedes SL55 AMG drop top. I have heard these are pretty quick and did not think he would even get on it. Well the light turned green and i noticed his nose raised up and knew it was on. We were even at first due to me not thinking he would run. Staying even lasted about as long as first gear because after the 1-2 shift I jumped to half a car on him pulling a little and that is where it stayed. It was just a quick run to about 90 on a really open 6 lane road but did not want to get into much trouble. I was actually shocked that I pulled on him. When we slowed down he pulled up next to me and gave me the thumbs up and said "You got me, damnit" laughed and cruised on. Just thought I would share. :pepper:

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
My friend has one, after driving it around I still like my L and I get more looks than the SL 55 AMG (most benz look the same in the front) although driving one of those cars nobody lets you in!

bda1855

Member of the Boosted16
Established Member
Cichlids said:
My friend has one, after driving it around I still like my L and I get more looks than the SL 55 AMG (most benz look the same in the front) although driving one of those cars nobody lets you in!

HAHA yeah i get more looks in my L than my buddys CTS-V... but the V is oh so much fun to drive...

something about being able to hang the ass out around a corner with 3 passengers in the car and the navigation telling you that you are driving "too Extreme" just screams fun!

2tonOfun

Established Member
What mods do you have?
I raced the wagon one time (thread in the kill's forum) and it was pretty even. That guy was a real good sport also. The Merc's aren't just for old fuddy duddy's any more.
But just think, for what they cost, you could have an L & a Cobra!

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
are you sure it was an AMG model? :poke: You know they have those ones that have an AMG sport appearance package without the extra hp :read:

last time I checked these things had about 490hp/510lb-ft and 1 of the worlds most advanced TCS. Supposed to be low to mid 12s in full street trim. :nonono:

Users who are viewing this thread