L&S tune - Baton Rouge

Bird

Old and tired............
Established Member
Guys - all i can say is WOW !!! Just got back from getting a tune by Vince at L&S in Baton Rouge and I cannot believe how well this thing runs now. I used to have a mail order tune in mine from PSP that I thought was running pretty good, but I WAS WRONG . We spent most of the morning making full throttle runs, analyzing the data, making tweaks and making more runs. He got my A/F at full throttle at a flatline 12.0 through 2nd and 3rd with only a wiggle at shift. Another place he really improved this thing was transmission shifting - even without a valvebody, it's crisper and smoother than the previous tune (new valvebody is on the way). The trip back down from Baton Rouge to Kenner was a lot of fun - the responsiveness of this thing in passing is great, even without going into a bunch of boost.

Vince says that after the adaptive learning has a while to regulate things, it'll get even better - I can't wait !

It was a heck of a learning experience for me - Vince even took the time to explain what he was doing and what the different tables and settings were. There was no rush to get me in and out and we burned over 1/4 tank of gas in full throttle runs making sure everything was right.

All I can say is - GET IT TUNED BY VINCE - you won't regret it. I now can see what others have talked about.

Vince, you did good and I'll guarantee you - I'll keep my business in your shop.

Bird

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
Bird.....

Did you have to have the SCT tuner or did he use something else. I have a predator and really do not want to shell out more money for another programmer.

Looks like I need to get with Vince

Later

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Bird said:
It was a heck of a learning experience for me - Vince even took the time to explain what he was doing and what the different tables and settings were. There was no rush to get me in and out and we burned over 1/4 tank of gas in full throttle runs making sure everything was right.

Bird

Walt,
Good to hear that you got a good tune, and its also very good to hear that someone of the tuners takes the time to explain things and what is going on. Vince was great and very helpful when I was in Louisiana, I just wish I was closer so he could work some magic on my truck. Have fun with it.

Matt

Bird

Established Member
BlownBayou said:
Bird.....

Did you have to have the SCT tuner or did he use something else. I have a predator and really do not want to shell out more money for another programmer.

Looks like I need to get with Vince

Later

We used a 4 position SCT chip - he's an SCT dealer.

Bird

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
Vince did mine also, Very pleased with his work and work ethic.
He will take his time for you and make sure your happy and understand everything.

I will be calling him again soon to retune, I think I'm gonna spray this damm thing.

Last edited:

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I may be leaning more and more to letting them tune mine. It should be in need of a tune around the begining of August. Does he have any experience with cars supercharged from the aftermarket? (i.e., other than Lightnings and 03/04 Cobras)

SRT-M4

Established Member
I have never heard of him. Do you have a contact number or email address on him? I may want to get some tuning done by him.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
SVTStrikesBack said:
I may be leaning more and more to letting them tune mine. It should be in need of a tune around the begining of August. Does he have any experience with cars supercharged from the aftermarket? (i.e., other than Lightnings and 03/04 Cobras)
In short, YES.

Bird

Established Member
LIGHTNING LARRY said:
Whipple that sucker Walt. ;-)

It'll happen someday - working on comparisons of ported blowers right now - was running with a weak coil on #1 and didn't know it, so have to start over again to get the true numbers. With the Bassani mids and cat back, this thing is too loud to be able to hear a miss under load............... :shrug: - numbers were just reading lower than they should have been.

Bird

Blown02

Established Member
I had vince and L&S install my novi 2k on my old 2v.. They did a great job, stand up guys. A week later I found a whole in my fuel line..they replaced my fuel lines free of charge because they felt they should have caught that. Probably happened after I left anyways.. But really nice guy. When I had my novi installed there they werent tuning or dealing with sct yet, I dont believe.

Not sure how much experience they have. Do they have a dyno?

What kinda numbers did u put down?

Users who are viewing this thread