L&M Engines

CamCobra10

Established Member
Has anyone dealt with them before? Looking to get a longblock for my 96-98 cobra and seeing if anyone has anything to say about them

CamCobra10

Established Member
i spoke with mike and he sounds like he know's his stuff, hopefully i don't get blown away by the price..this is what i'm doing 4.6 stroked to a 5.0 iron block, 03-04 cobra heads ported & polished with blower cams...i like the positive feedback with them, you usually don't see that online with companies these days

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
have heard good things about L&M, as cheap as i can be sometimes, id spend the extra coin over MMR and know that my junk will still run and not blow smoke at the end of the day.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
L&M built my shortblock. They are top notch. You will pay for it, but you can't put a price on the peace of mind that comes with knowing that the best of the best built your motor.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
L&M Engine in my car for 2 years and 6000 miles or so.

Michael is good people - I'd use him again in a second

CamCobra10

Established Member
whats the specs on your motor?...not looking for a steal, not looking to break the bank either, called jpc and almost fainted when i saw the bill

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
whats the specs on your motor?...not looking for a steal, not looking to break the bank either, called jpc and almost fainted when i saw the bill

mine is a 5.4L Iron Block
CJ Crank - Double Key
L&M designed Diamond Pistons
Total Seal Rings
Manley H-beam rods
ARP 20000 hardware
TSS Billet Oil Pump gears

a quality S/B is going to run you between 4500-7000 depending of parts.

JPC uses RGR - they build very good motors as well.

svtrickey

Established Member
For all the hate on MMR, I would like to say my lightning is pushing 773hp and race tune 993hp. I have made countless (80+) 10's passes and beat the dog shit out of it for the last 20k and it has no signs of slowing down. I run 18psi on pump and 26psi race tune. I know other have had a problem but I would like to say that MMR will get my money from here on out. My brother has a 900+HP cobra from l&m and it runs just like the day it was put in. So they aren't bad! I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

CamCobra10

Established Member
Your parts are almost identical from what mike was telling me he was going to use, he made sure i knew he uses the TSS oil pump, as soon as he said that along with the other parts i knew he used only quality parts...i'm using water/meth right now, which i know works, he did make a good point to tell me to run race gas no matter what, if the meth kit craps out, bc it eventually will, race gas will save the motor...i need to figure out the power lever it will make with the motor, a ysi with a 3.0 pulley, meth or race gas...any ideas?

RGR is very good, i have 2 friends who have motors from them with no problems at all, JPC are good people also, very helpful....either way good problem to have with the few good companies left these days

HandsomeRob

Established Member
I called L&M Friday about building me a motor. He quoted me $2200 just for labor on a shortblock. And that was me providing my current Teksid block. After everything it was close to $5000
I would love to use them but that's way too much for a forged shortblock.
Don't you think?

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
I called L&M Friday about building me a motor. He quoted me $2200 just for labor on a shortblock. And that was me providing my current Teksid block. After everything it was close to $5000
Don't you think?

No

I would ask myself this question, do I have enough cash to do it twice if I cheap out the first time, if not...........

A wise man once said to me, "why is there always enough money to do it over but never enough to do it right the first time."
:beer:

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Don't you think?

5k For a bulletproof shortblock is well worth it.. You get what you pay for, remember that. L&M has been proven time and time again!

HandsomeRob

Established Member
Now that I think about it. I wonder if their quote included a crank. I'm reusing my block and crank. All I need is labor, rods, pistons and bearings

Users who are viewing this thread