KY: 87 Fox Coupe Burnt Orange FS/FT

MrSwa

Established Member
87 Fox Coupe
Miles @ 13,805 (not sure of actual miles read below)

We bought the car about 4yrs pretty much the way it sits. The previous owner worked at a body shop and he obviously cared about this car. It has been kept in a garage under a coversince we owned it and only seen rain a handful of times. We wash and wax it regularly. He rebuilt the engine and transmission while building the car. Car is registered as a 4 cylinder.

The Good: The paint is immaculate. The interior is the same way. It drives straight and true and rides much better since the tokico blues and springs were installed.

The Bad: In interest of being honest, I will list all that is “wrong” with the car. I use this term loosely. The driver’s side seat is a passenger seat, so the tilt lever is on the wrong side. The speedometer is off, there-bye making mileage incorrect. When driving 60, the speedo reads 80. We have put a new 3:73 gear in the transmission (the gear set we were told is in the car), but this did not solve the problem. The driver’s side door lock actuator is currently out (was seized and we never got around to replacing it). The biggest issue is starting the car while hot. Starts and idles fine while cold, but after warming up the accelerator must be held to the floor to get to start. This will be looked into in the next week or so.

Mod List:
BBK Intake
BBK Shorty Headers
65mm Throttle Body
Flowmaster exhaust (not sure what series)
Battery relocated to trunk (Optima Red Top)
Short Throw Shifter (not sure which brand)
3:73 Rear Gear Set (what we were told, not sure)
16” Chrome Wheels
Tokico Blues all the way around (less than 500 miles)
H&R Sport Springs (Installed the same time as the Tokicos)
Rear Seats fold-down
Sure I’m missing something, but that’s all the major stuff

Price $8200 obo
Possible trade for 03-04 Cobra

IMG_0954.jpg

IMG_0956_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0958_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0959_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0960_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0961_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0963_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0964_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0965_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0966_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0967_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0968_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0970_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0971_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0974_edited-1.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0950.jpg

Last edited:

5.0snake

PA Chapter of the MACA
Established Member

wildstang_93

Established Member
try a coolant temp sensor . that will probaly fix the hard start up when hot problem , i have seen them go bad and try to flood the car , likes it in cold mode.

stroked95vert

Established Member
try a coolant temp sensor . that will probaly fix the hard start up when hot problem , i have seen them go bad and try to flood the car , likes it in cold mode.

or I bet that small battery cable wires going to your battery,I had the same issue when hot on my prostreet s10,changed the cables to larger ones and whala :)

kram97

Established Member
Clean car bump... these pictures do this car no justice, the paint looks amazing. GLWS

Users who are viewing this thread