Kurt Busch Wins Nextel Cup

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Busch Wins

Great to see Kurt Busch win and Ford also.This was a very exciting end to the season.Congrats to Kurt and Ford and his crew chief Jimmey Fennig. Also dont forget Jack Roush and Roush Racing. :beer:

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Wonder if FORD will give him a GT(40) like they did Matt Kenseth last year when he won? Awesome race today and a great season overall, glad to see the new points system worked and it came down to the last lap of the last race.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Great ending to a great season.
Kurt Busch is my favorite driver, so geeked to see him edge out another guy I like Jimmy Johnson.

I am already counting the days till Daytona, hate it that they take so long off.

KFP21

Registered Post Abuser
Established Member
I was hoping mark martin would pull out with the championship, he deserves one and has been close a few times. But I am a die hard Rusty Wallace fan so I hope its all him next year since it is his last. But Kurt did a good job and my hats off to him.

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
he didnt deserve it IMHO. I don't like the new rules. Gordon and Johnson were 1 and 2 and Jr. was not too far behind in 3rd. Busch was like 7th or so in points until the "new rule" came into effect at the last 10 races. He wouldn't have won this season if it wouldnt have been for that rule. Why bother having all those races if the last 10 are really the only ones that count. Screw that racing is who is the best all year long not just the last 10 races.

Rickabod

Representin' Da U.P.
Established Member
JustaGT said:
he didnt deserve it IMHO. I don't like the new rules. Gordon and Johnson were 1 and 2 and Jr. was not too far behind in 3rd. Busch was like 7th or so in points until the "new rule" came into effect at the last 10 races. He wouldn't have won this season if it wouldnt have been for that rule. Why bother having all those races if the last 10 are really the only ones that count. Screw that racing is who is the best all year long not just the last 10 races.

first of all, congrats to Busch for winning the championship, always good to see another ford driver with the championship. But as much as i hate Johnson and anyone else who's driving a chevy, Johnson did deserve the championship. the chase is a bunch of bull and i'd rather have the old system back, i don't care if it's exciting with the new chase for the championship system, it's not fair. there was nothing wrong with the old system, nascar just wanted there golden boy, 'lil E to win it all, and that will never happen. matt kenseth will win 2 more championships before earnarhardt jr. wins his first. and under the old system, i believe McMurray, who didn't make the chase, would've finished in the top 5 in points this year.

Big Vito

tactician
Established Member
Id rather have the old sysytem, but I want hem to go way back. start driving what I can buy on a showroom floor. :rolling:

slick4_6

Established Member
chunkysoup said:
Id rather have the old sysytem, but I want hem to go way back. start driving what I can buy on a showroom floor. :rolling:

The Ford GT vs Z06 vs Viper would be awesome. They could allow bolt ons; like pulley, chip, throttle bodies, and exhaust.

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
chunkysoup said:

Maybe then nascar would be more appealing to the non-trailer population. :sleeping:

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
LBguy said:
Maybe then nascar would be more appealing to the non-trailer population. :sleeping:
You don't know very much do you ?

No one knocks you because you like to wear woman's underwear ....

JustaGT

N/A Ain't For Me!
Established Member
Rickabod said:
first of all, congrats to Busch for winning the championship, always good to see another ford driver with the championship. But as much as i hate Johnson and anyone else who's driving a chevy, Johnson did deserve the championship. the chase is a bunch of bull and i'd rather have the old system back, i don't care if it's exciting with the new chase for the championship system, it's not fair. there was nothing wrong with the old system, nascar just wanted there golden boy, 'lil E to win it all, and that will never happen. matt kenseth will win 2 more championships before earnarhardt jr. wins his first. and under the old system, i believe McMurray, who didn't make the chase, would've finished in the top 5 in points this year.
:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread