Kurgan Dyno Tune - Happy Customer 03 Cobra TVS 2.8" Pulley

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
Hey guys so I recently took a drive up to Kurgan Motorsports (7 HR Drive) to get my 2003 Cobra tuned. Here is the setup on the car:
03 Cobra VMP TVS 2.8" Pulley, GT500 TB, VMP 3000 MAF, Fuel Pump Booster, Stock Pumps, 93 Octane.

Unfortunately somehow the fuel lines exploded before the car even got on the dyno. Most likely from the long drive. Luckily it wasn't in the middle. Bob was short on time since my dyno appointment was 2 and he had a family commitment later. He was able to diagnose the issue and we ended up installing a spare 03/04 fuel pump setup with SVT focus pumps.

The car made good power 605RWHP and 571RWT on 93 Octane which I am more than happy with. I am even more happy with the drivability. The car drives like stock and the gas milage is incredible. I would 100% recommend Kurgan to anyone else. He could have easily told me the car breaking was not his issue and my appointment was only for dyno time and left but he didn't he took care of me and we made in back to Florida that night as a happy customer.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Mustang Lifestyle? I posted to one of your videos about wanting to talk to you about your car. I'm not on Instagram, so that's why I never contacted you.

Anyhow, do you plan to upgrade your fuel system and run e85? I am going to be running the same blower as you, but only with stage 2 comp cams. Do you have any complaints with the VMP blower?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
Mustang Lifestyle? I posted to one of your videos about wanting to talk to you about your car. I'm not on Instagram, so that's why I never contacted you.

Anyhow, do you plan to upgrade your fuel system and run e85? I am going to be running the same blower as you, but only with stage 2 comp cams. Do you have any complaints with the VMP blower?

I plan to upgrade to the Lethal Return style system for E85 paired with ID1000 injectors. I don't really have any complaints with the blower. It made good power. Of course I would love more on pump gas but thats about it. I plan to add some longtubes down the road and hopefully make some more on 93. When I go E85 I want to make 700.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I plan to upgrade to the Lethal Return style system for E85 paired with ID1000 injectors. I don't really have any complaints with the blower. It made good power. Of course I would love more on pump gas but thats about it. I plan to add some longtubes down the road and hopefully make some more on 93. When I go E85 I want to make 700.

I'm wanting to make 700 as well. I am running a return style fuel system, but have not purchased a different pump setup yet. What throttle body are you running?

BMSTNG

Established Member
Were you not happy with VMP'S tune? Did you gain anymore with Kurgan's tune

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
Were you not happy with VMP'S tune? Did you gain anymore with Kurgan's tune

He was having drivability issues prior to Kurgan tuning the car. I'm not sure if the video posted on this thread talks about the issues he was having, but there one posted on his YouTube channel.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I'm wanting to make 700 as well. I am running a return style fuel system, but have not purchased a different pump setup yet. What throttle body are you running?

GT500 TB is the best bet. Especially if you want to run on E85 and 20+lbs later

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member

Spend the extra coin and go with Fore. That's what I'm going to do for one there is no lines in the tank and the connections are top notch.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I second the fore fuel system. So how much boost with the 2.8 pulley, 20lbs?

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
The butt dyno matters the most!

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
18-19 PSI is my guess. The Kurgan tune drives very smooth with great gas milage. It feels faster but that could be just my butt dyno being out of wack.
You should invest in a boost gauge. A 3" upper with stock manifolds I was at 18lbs. I bet your closer to 20lbs.

T3RM1N8R_18

Established Member
I thought you would see a little higher numbers with the 2.8 upper pulley. I made around the same numbers with a 3.0 upper and stock lower with full Bassani exhaust and my mods below.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome car Andrew!
Car sounds killer too. Enjoy bro.

MrAjsTech

Enthusiast
Established Member
Good numbers. What kind of cruising IAT2s are you seeing in this summer heat? What IAT2s were you seeing on the dyno?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

IAT2 temps are very hot. I am not sure what it was on the dyno. Florida summer is brutal. I will typically see 130-140 degrees cruising on a 95-100 degree day. The lowest I will see while cruising is somewhere in the 120s. I definitely need an upgraded heat exchanger.

Users who are viewing this thread