Kumho V700

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
what are you using them for? Not a Bad DOT R compund Autocross tire, but 710's are that much better, or watch the hoosier site for clearouts, I bought 275/40/17 A5's for under $1000 shipped.

I don't mean to insult your intelligence but you do know that these are race tires right?

1993R

Established Member
[I don't mean to insult your intelligence but you do know that these are race tires right?[/QUOTE]

They are going on my 93R for O/T.............

Flying Fred

"Double Nickels"
Established Member
V700s (Victoracers) work for OT - was my first R compound tire in 2000 - but if they are unshaved can be prone to chunking. I agree V710s or Hoosiers are better, but if you are getting a real good deal, why not? (BTW, did not know they made an A5.... the Rs went from RSO4 to R6, but then the As could be different.)

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
03SteedaGT said:
I have been very pleased with the V710's. I will be buying them again.

The problem I have found with the V-710's is if you overheat them they blister and separate! :whine:

racer726

Established Member
There are 2 different V700's. V700 Victoracer is a great tire, especially for that price. No need to shave them. V700 Ecsta, I don't like so much, although I suspect that the compounds are similar.

V700 Victoracers are more appropriate for open tracking than the V710 in my opinion, unless you're looking for all-out-performance and don't mind the cost. Me, I do mind the costs. As we all know, V710's have a lot more grip and outright performance... it's practically a race slick with a couple of shallow grooves.

Chunking shouldn't be a problem for a reasonable weight car driven hard under reasonable conditions... in other words, if you have a 3,500lb car with 500hp, and it's 110 degrees outside, you may have problems.

I've gone through numerous sets of V700 Victoracers, never any problems. Always liked the tire. Keep an eye on hot tire pressures, and keep at 40 or less when hot... unless you're rolling over with too narrow of a wheel, in which case it may like a little more. Usually I start with cold 32-34 psi in front, and 28-30 psi in the rear.

V700 Ecstas are narrower for the same indicated sizes (that's how they made the tires lighter I guess) and have a block tread pattern. It does not work as well for me, and in some cases shaving may be appropriate to get the best out of them.

Hope that helps.
Dave

Users who are viewing this thread