Kumho Ecsta XS 335/35/17

2003DSGMACH1

Established Member
Can I get them to fit on a 10.5 rim? And can I get road hazard on them? And long would it take for you to get them?

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Thank you for the post 2003DSGMACH1.

Per Kumho, the approved rim width range for their 335/35-17 XS is 11" to 13". This size will physically mount up on a 10.5" wide wheel but this is not recommended as the sidewalls will be pinched upwards. Like I just noted in another thread, tires are designed to flex in certain areas of the shoulder, when you pinch or stretch a tire on a wheel that is too narrow or too wide, you force the tire to flex where it is not deigned to do so. This makes the tire generate and hold more heat which breaks the tire down faster resulting in shorter life and higher chance of failure. Also, every major brand tire is covered by the manufacturer's warranty for workmanship and manufacture defect. This warranty is void if the tire is mounted on a wheel outside the tire manufacturer’s recommendations. For your 17x10.5 wheels I recommend running the XS in the 315/35-17 size.

Here are the links with our current mail order prices on the XS in both the 315 and 335 widths. We do not inventory this model in these sizes which means the lead time to your door is estimated at 7 to 10 business days. Road hazard protection is available on this model. Add the tire/s to the cart for pricing on this protection.

315/35-17: Ratings, reviews and specifications for Kumho Ecsta XS tires

335/35-17: Ratings, reviews and specifications for Kumho Ecsta XS tires

Matt@DTD

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
^
I checked with Kumho and their 335/35-17 XS is on back order and right now there is no projected ETA.

Users who are viewing this thread