ksport 8piston brakes...

76mmsaleen

Established Member
just wanted to know if anyone has tryed them or uses them now.. i mean for 1600.00 for an 8 piston setup is a heck of a good deal..

s14bbk.jpg

KSPORT 13" PROCOMP BIG BRAKE KIT 99-04 FORD MUSTANG :eBay Motors (item 300274233364 end time Oct-13-09 09:36:02 PDT)

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
wow!! that's cheap. I haven't heard of that brand though. You are right; that is pretty cheap.

oldmodman

Established Member
Don't know anything about the brand, but here is a link to their site;

Ksport USA - Performance Suspension

And it is an 8 piston caliper. They also make coil over kits and six piston calipers. And they can custom paint them any color you want for another $100.00

But in going through their product list they don't seem to make anything for a Mustang. Lots of stuff for Japanese and Euro makes.

Last edited:

76mmsaleen

Established Member
That should tell you all you need to know. They're going to suck and you'll fight pad taper with every pair of brake pads.

well when i talked to the guy on the ohone he said he had his on for 2 years and never had any propblem with them, he even has the same pads on..

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
well when i talked to the guy on the ohone he said he had his on for 2 years and never had any propblem with them, he even has the same pads on..

If he has the same pads 2 years later he isn't using his brakes :read:

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
If he has the same pads 2 years later he isn't using his brakes :read:

That, or he's lying to get $1,600 in his pocket. If you want big fancy calipers, get the 2000 Cobra R Brembo conversion kit - $1180 from Tousley.

SlowSVT

Established Member
If 8 Pistons are "good" 10 must be "better", right? :rockon:

Not sure I like the aluminum pistons. Rapid Heat transfer and rate of expansion plus corrosive boiling brake fluid doesn't give me the "warm and fuzzies" :uh oh: Stainless steel would be a better choice. Floating disc though :)

Last edited:

andreas.e

User from Sweden
Established Member
K-Sport, D2 etc are all made in China. They work, but they are not good and def. nothing I would put on my car.

More pistons are not always = better brake.
You have to look at the totalt piston area etc.

In this case the K-sport caliper has 25,5sq" area. Try to find piston diameter for the brembo calipers.
diameter / 2 = r
r * r * pi = area

I would buy the Cobra R brakes instead of the K-Sports any day.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv

How do you know if he even took a wheel off to check?

Would he know a tapered pad if he was looking at it? Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach or sell.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
Will the brembo setup work with a 17 inch Greg weld front skinny? Thanks for all the replies, even the smart a$$ ones.... With 900 Hp I want to make sure I can stop on the street so I don't put anyone else in harms way...

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
Will the brembo setup work with a 17 inch Greg weld front skinny? Thanks for all the replies, even the smart a$$ ones.... With 900 Hp I want to make sure I can stop on the street so I don't put anyone else in harms way...

With a big spacer, sure. Those K sport calipers are probably as wide as the brembos.

SlowSVT

Established Member

Making sure you can stop a 3700 lb. 900 hp street car with big brakes wearing 6" wide tires is a bit counter intuitive don't you think?

You need bigger tires, not bigger brakes.

76mmsaleen

Established Member
Making sure you can stop a 3700 lb. 900 hp street car with big brakes wearing 6" wide tires is a bit counter intuitive don't you think?

You need bigger tires, not bigger brakes.

the greg welds are JUST for the track.....and my car only weighs 3200 pounds, not 3900..and my street tires are iforged 19x9 on the front and 19x11 on the back...

mycarfc1.jpg

dragsetup2.jpg

LargeOrangeFont

Raise your fist in resist
Established Member
From that picture it looks like nither the Brembos or the k sports will fit behind those street wheels without running a spacer.

Measuring out from the surface of the rotor you need at least 2 5/8" of space between the outward facing rotor surface and the back of your wheel spokes.

Users who are viewing this thread