KR mufflers: x vs h pipe

svt boost

Dr. Boost
Established Member
I have a 2007 and one thing I dislike is the exhaust tone. The KR's are a definite upgrade over the stock, but compared to my buddies 2012 Boss it sounds weak.

I've been considering switching to an H pipe; having listened to a bunch of clips hard to tell how different it is.

Anyone done this and have a good opinion either way?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
I added the KR mufflers to my '09 and was pleased with the 'subdued increase' in tone. I then added PHRP's "H-pipe" after cutting out the factory "X" section. Here is a shot from their site depicting fitment...

0139-500x500.jpg

You can also purchase the pipe section as used on the '08-'09 KR direct from Shelby Performance Parts. It looks like this...

S8M-5251-KR-3.jpg

Either pipe will function in a similar fashion, offering up a deeper tone with a very small increase in sound. No drone whatsoever. I wanted to retain the factory cats and these pipes allow you to do that. You can read up on how I did mine here.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I have a 2007 and one thing I dislike is the exhaust tone. The KR's are a definite upgrade over the stock, but compared to my buddies 2012 Boss it sounds weak.

I've been considering switching to an H pipe; having listened to a bunch of clips hard to tell how different it is.

Anyone done this and have a good opinion either way?

if you're running manifolds... the H sounds best! You'll get a deeper tone that could be interperted as louder

Users who are viewing this thread