Kooks X-pipe w/ Roush Axelback

WC_Racer

Established Member
I have a 2011 Mustang GT which I decided to swap out my exhaust for the second time. Current set up is Kooks 1 7/8 headers, shorty mid pipe with cats, and Magnaflow street series catback. Headers remain the same, switched to no cats, and was unable to install the Roush axelback because the Roush have a ball flange attachment to the pipes that go to the mid pipe and the kooks is a slip fit. Anyone else have this problem? Could it be the piping for the Magnaflow after the axelbacks? Should I take it to an exhaust shop and remove the ball joint and get some work done to it?

Thanks.

Mr. Freeze

Established Member
Just have an exhaust shop weld it in. I don't see whats the big deal with welding it makes the system not leak for sure and no one is going to see the underside of your car anyway. Slip on i would assure is to just install at home, its like bolting in a roll cage as suppose to welding it in.

Last edited:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
the magnaflow setup is a catback where the roush is an axleback. if you want to run the roush setup use your stock over axle pipes or buy a set of aftermarket pipes from JPC. Don't bother welding your exhaust setup because you can sell the magnaflow catback for more than the cost of your over axle pipes.

Users who are viewing this thread