Kooks vs Dynatech headers

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Either way it's a win IMO. I am having ARH headers put on my car next week, but I haven't heard any negatives about any headers besides the ebay OBX? headers. Stainless Works, Kooks, Dynatech, ARH, Borla, Bassani, all quality headers IMO.

If you want to save some money do the Dynatechs or get the dynatechs and send them off to JetHot or Swaintech and get them coated and it'll cost the same as every other header setup. I can tell you the ARH headers and O/R X-pipe I got is quality quality parts, but I can't speak first hand about any other headers quality. Good luck with your decision though.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Are you gonna retune after the install or run the same tune?

I'm doing alot more than just headers so yeah it'll be tuned as well. I'd always recommend a retune after a header install, and I'm sure everyone else would too. That's why I saved up all my parts and am installing them all at once...saves money on all them retunes I'd have to do if I installed each part separately.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Long tubes would be the Dynatechs. Kooks are not long tube headers but 3/4. Has for transmission removal i'm not to sure that the kooks allow that withoutl loosing a side up.

2Sharpie

Established Member
Either way it's a win IMO. I am having ARH headers put on my car next week, but I haven't heard any negatives about any headers besides the ebay OBX? headers. Stainless Works, Kooks, Dynatech, ARH, Borla, Bassani, all quality headers IMO.

If you want to save some money do the Dynatechs or get the dynatechs and send them off to JetHot or Swaintech and get them coated and it'll cost the same as every other header setup. I can tell you the ARH headers and O/R X-pipe I got is quality quality parts, but I can't speak first hand about any other headers quality. Good luck with your decision though.

+1 on the ARH !!

Blazeone

Established Member
Lots of people say the Dynatechs make better power than Kooks, etc. Funny beacuse in the Corvette world it is just the oposite. Kooks, AR and LGM have shown more power than DT's. :shrug:

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Did dynatechs because of the price. Quality was superb as was fitment. Didnt have to jack up motor.

skyhighsd

Established Member
Lots of people say the Dynatechs make better power than Kooks, etc. Funny beacuse in the Corvette world it is just the oposite. Kooks, AR and LGM have shown more power than DT's. :shrug:

If you search for it, someone had a thread with back to dyno pulls with the dynatechs and they have made more power than anyone else's and for once there was proof not hear say from companys making claims.

OP if you are going to do them yourself, I can tell you first hand that they are great fitting. Everyone always bashed how hard they were to install(LT's in general) and I did not find that at all with dynatechs. I have had other cars that are way worse to install then these(without a lift).

Wingrider

Established Member
Question is tho- Dynatech's on a 2011 but keeping all the rest the 2-3/4 factory parts.

The sound is awesome and adding headers would be x 2 but nobody has a solution except to gut the factory stuff and go with raspy 3" xpipe stuff. Not my cup of tea.

DavidHasselhoff

WHYUMAD
Established Member
Question is tho- Dynatech's on a 2011 but keeping all the rest the 2-3/4 factory parts.

The sound is awesome and adding headers would be x 2 but nobody has a solution except to gut the factory stuff and go with raspy 3" xpipe stuff. Not my cup of tea.

They do make an H-Pipe now...look into that.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Dynatechs look good but I hate that I keep seeing the only way for them to sound good is with the MAC Mufflers. I'll never run a Mac product on my cars.

ARH look solid, and the Tasca car running the 2.9L with 1 7/8" catted ARH and Corsa axle back sounds like sex.

Users who are viewing this thread