Kooks LTs, Catted H Video!

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
After getting alot of PMs about my exhaust, here is what it sounds like. Kooks LTs, Catted H and Roush CB. Something interesting..... When I had the 3:73 gears in, a WOT pull was from about 45-145. Now this is 55-185!

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ty5AKFbirbs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

G-Mann

Established Member
Sounds wicked Man.

Not to steal your thread but it I do like the deeper tone that the Roush delivers. I have the kooks LT's and catted H with the borla Touring and my tone is not as deep.

borla Touring - YouTube!

Last edited:

mazroth

Established Member
Resonators still in place?

Kooks longtubes and catted H here to. Stock the rest of the way back atm, sounds decent as is, but a little to quiet. GT500 ABs going on when I get the time.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Yep, still haven't the resonators.... I am really thinking losing the cats and resonators just to see what the car would make, but that would be unbearably loud.

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
Sounds great!

I just had a MBRP full race exhaust w/ LTs on the dyno in the shop, I think it was a little louder, but had a similar sound.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Thats awesome! Im thinking about getting a muffler that is more quiet then ditching the cats and resonators. Maybe end up in the same place I am now sound wise which I like. It really is waaayyyy louder than the video believe it or not.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
The hi flow cats that come with the stainless works are designed for turbos and blowers. In sure the kooks ones are probably similar.

sambandit

SVT God
Established Member
Actually I think the cats are holding me back pretty good at this point. On the dyno, after 4 or 5 pulls within 30 mins, they were hot, you could smell them, and they were throwing overtemp codes. Not sure that would ever be an issue on the road with the air cooling them down, but no bueno on the dyno.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Actually I think the cats are holding me back pretty good at this point. On the dyno, after 4 or 5 pulls within 30 mins, they were hot, you could smell them, and they were throwing overtemp codes. Not sure that would ever be an issue on the road with the air cooling them down, but no bueno on the dyno.

I will admit that it is a concern of mine as well. Although I have never had an overtemp warning. I have the cat delete pipes sitting in my garage. I had tacks put on my cats to the headers so they would stop sliding. I don't want to dick up the headers so ill have to take it to a shop to get them to grind off the weld and throw them in.

Users who are viewing this thread