Kooks LT headers W/Catter H and Roush Axle Back

dars50

I've got Roush axle back on my 2012 GT with the rest of exhaust stock. I've also have 2.3L Ford Racing Whipple on it. Thinking of putting on Kooks LT headers and matching catted H pipe. Wondering how loud it will be though. I've seen some videos of people but they all seemed to have removed the resonators and they seem a little loud to me. I really like the sound of the Roush with the stock exhaust. Thinking if stock resonators to help keep the sound down a little will that work? Or do I replace the resonators with some other muffler? But I'm still concerned it will be to loud and may end up with drone? Has anyone else done this setup and have a sound clip?

12gt

Established Member
It sounds way to loud and raspy
I have kooks lt headers and x.
Took me off and now have gt500s.
Was getting too much attention
I couldn't even hit full throttle in freeway afraid of police catching my ass.
I would say go gt500 or borlas stingers.

dars50

It sounds way to loud and raspy
I have kooks lt headers and x.
Took me off and now have gt500s.
Was getting too much attention
I couldn't even hit full throttle in freeway afraid of police catching my ass.
I would say go gt500 or borlas stingers.

12gt, Did you have the stock resonators on still or some bullets in place of them to keep the sound down? I'm also assuming your x pipe was catted?It sounds like everyone ends up with gt500s but I'm not sure I'll go that route? I'm really Liking the Roush. I've also read that the h-pipe will keep the rasp down better than an X? The car is not a daily driver, but I do drive it a lot in the summer. I'm really trying to convince myself the cats and the resonator or bullets will keep the sounds down. :shrug:

sinistr302

Established Member
right now I have off road h pipe with borla type S and its loud enough for me. lets just say that you hear me before you see me.. not getting any rasp either.

Users who are viewing this thread