Kooks Longtubes

kidlightning5

Established Member
Hey guys, quick question I was ordering Kooks longtube headers from JDM and a lady that works there said do you want Bassani/stock or Magnaflow. The people who have this setup can you please tell me which one I want. I told her which ever work with the Kooks longtubes which I believe is Magnaflow. Sorry for the long post but I would like to email her tonight if I'm wrong. Thanks guys

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
So are you saying that if you buy Kooks longtubes you get a free catback system?? Hell im ready to buy

kidlightning5

Established Member
I ordered the mid pipes to go along with my longtube headers and she comes back at me saying Bassani/stock or Magnaflow.

Edit:I ordered the JDM mid pipes just to make sure you guys understand.

kidlightning5

Established Member
So none of you were asked this? I think you have to order the catted mids from them but can anybody answer my question I would like to email her tonight if possible.

iTz JoHN

Established Member
I say just talk to jim jr. he will be able to let you know everything there is to know about them, and what is better to go with..

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
That is weird, they probably like you to buy there Silverbullet setup. Silverbullet is a little raspy with long tubes, but sounds good. I would go with a Bassani Catback with long tubes and you will love the sound.

todd abbott

Established Member
Heres the deal if you buy long tubes, anybody's long tubes, you'll need a new mid pipe, with high flow cats or cat less, the cat back should not matter, bassani, magnaflow ect.. should all bolt right up, even stock as the mid pipe locates the mounts in the OE locations, the phone's at JDM are insane it would be easy to get confused an misspeak, I do agree with the above though talk to Jim Jr. he'll set you up, as a side note my kooks exhaust- zero issues in 4 years, it should get you around 15hp and 25fpt and it sound great. good luck

PhLoBuS

JDM/KB Lightning
Established Member
Yes you will need to change you're setup. I had shorty headers and when my truck was at JDM they threw Kooks longtubes and a new midpipe on for me.

Rook

Established Member
make your own mid pipes hell with the cats and 400 extra dollars. i sell you two magna flow cats cheap. cause i ended up replacing them with straight pipe.

FordFanStan

Established Member
It's all preference, and my preference is to never get Bassani. They rust out too soon and fall apart too easily. Magnaflows are better qaulity IMHO. The maggies are louder and the bassani is a more mellow, but little bit deeper tone. I love the maggy sound, that's why I have them on both my Gen1 and Gen2, oh and my 08 F-150 too I almost forgot. FFS

Users who are viewing this thread