Kooks Longtubes+ Kooks Offroad X+ Magnaflow Catback

jongrant

Established Member
Decided to switch out the 3" Flowmasters for the Magnaflows I had on my other Cobra..Quiet at idle and while cruising but absolutely screams WOT. I'll post another video once youtube is done processing it. I'll be swapping out the magnaflows soon for Stingers as a comparison. Will post a video that up here as well. Love the Magnaflow sound but a little too quiet for my taste.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-mBimPd_MU]YouTube - Cobra Magnaflow 2[/ame]

91foxbody

Established Member
that sounds sick!!! and btw, that the exact same set up i will have in about 4 days!! oh, and your car is beautiful!!

baginoman

Mind over Matter
Established Member
hey OP how was the kooks headers install? Any other mods needed to get them in?

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
I wasn't feeling the revs at idle. But once the car got moving, didn't sounds bad to me. Sounds exotic under throttle, but overall not bad IMO.

Do you have any clips of the long tubes with your old Flowmaster 3'' to compare it to?

jongrant

Established Member

I bought the car with them already installed :banana:. Its "Chris@BAP" old Cobra.

i cant wait to hear it with the stingers!!

Hell yeah man. But it turns out I wont be putting them on until I get back from vacation on the 11th

I wasn't feeling the revs at idle. But once the car got moving, didn't sounds bad to me. Sounds exotic under throttle, but overall not bad IMO.

Do you have any clips of the long tubes with your old Flowmaster 3'' to compare it to?

Sounds better in person though I think. I just got camera a little after i switched the setup to Mags but if for some reason I decide I suck at life on my day off and get bored. I'll switch them out to flows and take a vid. A.D.D < Me

LS1_KILLA

Banned
i have kooks LT's+Kooks Offroad X and Borla Stingers.. lol I can't get on it because the car isn't tuned yet.. But it sounds good at idle & up to 2,500 or so that i've been

GodStang

Established Member

The install is a bit of a bitch. Not hard just time consuming and if you have big hands its hard to get to things. I have installed mine twice. Also if you drop the K member its easier and if you put an aftermarket one in its easier.

utfan98

Lack of Restraint
Established Member
I have a catted x-pipe with the Kook's and Maggies. I bought a used offroad X and willbe installing that over the summer. The catted x pipe and maggies are too quiet for street driving. I may switch to an offroad X with Bassani's.......

forcefedcobra

Established Member
I have the same setup as the OP and it sounds like it is going to rip your face off at WOT in person but is pretty tame at part throttle and idle.

TORQJNKY

Hey John, glad you finally got your Cobra replaced and man did you do it right. Probably one of the baddest in the area now. I've got the same exhaust set up on my 03. Sounds awesome.

Hey, Rob (Wydopen) and I should be heading out to Jenro's on Saturday if you want to join us. Thinking about snapping some pics on top of Dick's Sporting Goods in town center before we head over. Drop me a PM if you are interested.

WydOpen

Established Member
Awesome! I'm running American Racing Headers 1-3/4" long tubes with high flow cats feeding a MAC 2.5" catback. Had stock manifolds with UPR off-road pipe and it was loud. The MAC is still loud and thinking about upgrading to a 3" catback. Does Magnaflow make a 3" catback?

Jroc

Established Member
Magnaflow FTW! Sounds very nice without sounding obnoxious. My favorite thing about the Magnaflow CB(other than its great value and quality) is you can run O/R midpipes and LT's without it sounding obnoxiously loud.

I know someone with an 04 Cobra who is running Kooks LT's, Kooks catted X-pipe, and a Dynomax CB and his car sounds very badass also.

BIGWHUP03

Established Member
Hey wydopen how do you like those american racing headers? How do they compare to kooks? I'm getting one or the other when my tax return comes in

Users who are viewing this thread