Kooks Headers

2fAZT4U

Established Member
Got a few question's about Kooks headers. How long does it take to install them and how hard is it. And also I see on JDM's site they have them for 1,895 but I don't won't converters I guess they will knock off some of the price. And also I was wondering about what size mufflers to get the 4x4 or the 4x9 I know the 4x4's are louder but just how loud.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
They are pretty much a PITA to install. Make sure you have some time on your hands before attempting it. Where are you located in VA? If you are close to me I could take you on base and we could install them on a lift at the hobby shop.

Last edited:

booger

Established Member
Install time vary's on your skill's,but its at least an all day job.If you don't run converters I would run the larger mufflers.

2fAZT4U

Established Member
I live in the southern part of Virginia in a place called Danville it's about 45 min. north of Greensboro NC.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
2fAZT4U said:
I live in the southern part of Virginia in a place called Danville it's about 45 min. north of Greensboro NC.

Well if you want to drive up North to the Quantico Marine Base one weekend, I will help you with the install.

2fAZT4U

Established Member
Thanks for the offer I may take you up on that. Are you free every weekend reason I ask is that I work for Goodyear Tire Co. and I'm off every other weekend. Also how far are you from me.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
2fAZT4U said:
Thanks for the offer I may take you up on that. Are you free every weekend reason I ask is that I work for Goodyear Tire Co. and I'm off every other weekend. Also how far are you from me.

I should be. Let me know when you want to do it and I will let you know if I can.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
ChuteboxeL03 said:
I have my stock cats and plan to put high flows in, how much of a power and sound gain do you get from the Kooks headers?

Not sure about the power gains. I did the Kook Long Tubes and high flow cats at the same time as the built long block and KB. The sound difference will definitely be noticeable.

SWThomas

El Cazador
Established Member
tweak said:
SWThomas, where do you live? I'm down in fredericksburg

I live right up the road from you in Stafford. There is a track rental at Mason Dixon coming up if you are interested. Maybe we can convoy up there if you want to go. PM me for some particulars.

2fAZT4U

Established Member
Got a email from Jim at JDM about the headers he said I could get the kit for 1290.00 this includes headers,midpipes and all hardware.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I love my Kook's you can't go wrong with them. For install to make it a little easy have a lift,take the front wheels off, and inner fender wells out.

Users who are viewing this thread