Kooks Header bolts

SCalla1384

Established Member
I picked up a set of Kooks 1-7/8 headers. Guy didn't have the supplied head bolts. I know the 2011s used a larger diameter bolt than the 12-14s. Does anyone happen to have the part number for those bolts? I emailed kooks, a guy there sent me the part number for locking bolts but says for 11-14. I don't want to spendv $60+ if they're the wrong size. And I liked just the supplied kooks bolts they use. Had them on my 13 and worked great.

Or if someone has them because they didn't use them, I'd buy them from you. Thanks!

SCalla1384

Established Member
Stock studs do not clear some of the primaries. They didn't on the 1-3/4 I had, no way they will with the 7/8. And yes I will use stock gaskets. I just need the part number for the bolts for the 14s.

I'm almost positive the early model 11s used different size bolts. When I bought my Kooks 1-3/4 headers new, it came with 2 sets of bolts. One set the diameter was to large.

rics73

Established Member
I have the bag of bolts for both threads, got mine onto factory studs. PM me and we'll work something out.

466roller

Established Member
You'll have to trim some of the studs shorter. This is a much better option than using bolts. The bolts will loosen over time.

Last edited:

SCalla1384

Established Member
Mine never loosened before. The thread title wasn't "should I use studs or bolts" so this information is useless to me. Rics73, thanks man I'll shoot you a message!

SCalla1384

Established Member
Well like I said, when I put kooks 1-3/4 headers on, some studs wouldn't clear the primaries. I even took some studs out, was able to thread in the stud again, but the nut wouldn't clear.

Rather than cutting down oem studs, I prefer to use supplied bolts as I had zero issue with them loosening over time.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
as long as they are tight, thats all that matters. thats one thing i have noticed on the coyotes, really haven't seen a lot of issues with headers loosening back up like some of the older models.

Users who are viewing this thread