Koni Yellows H&R Race Springs First Time at the Track?

pinetopbilld

Established Member
Hey guys, I've got a 97 Cobra that I just finished installing H&R Race Springs, MM Caster Camber Plates, and Koni Yellows. Car also has MM FLSFC's and aluminum steering rack bushings, just a basic little set up. I am going to VIR Monday and Tuesday and was looking for some tips on the set up and possibly dialing it in. Start with a soft setting and get stiffer or vice versa? Do they need to be the same front to rear? Or possible set ups that have worked well for you. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks fellers.

Sirl

Established Member
Pretty much what I had on my 2000GT.
I always started at full stiff front and rear. If the car pushes, as they tend to do, you can soften up the rear. After going with coil overs, i ran no rear sway bar, the car seemed to like that.
But its a great setup, fine for street and good on track.
Enjoy

DIB302

Established Member
I'm running the Yellows on my 2013 GT. I've found that a half a turn from full soft in the rear, and 1.5 turns from full soft in the front works well enough. I know they're different platforms, but figured I'd chime in. The car does seem to feel a little too soft in the front under high speed turns however. Good luck, and get some video!

pinetopbilld

Established Member
I forgot to mention this will be my first time out on something other than regular old street tires. Fresh set of Nitto NT05's. Still a street tire, but 200 hundred tread wear should be grippier than I am used to.

Will softening the rear allow the the front to rotate instead of push?

jg61354

Established Member
Pretty much what I had on my 2000GT.
I always started at full stiff front and rear. If the car pushes, as they tend to do, you can soften up the rear. After going with coil overs, i ran no rear sway bar, the car seemed to like that.
But its a great setup, fine for street and good on track.
Enjoy
Still running it just like that Mitch - full stiff. Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread