Koni D/A Struts

CarolinaCobra

Established Member
Anyone know how to adjust these bad boys? I know about the top rebound adjustment and I can see that there is a bottom adjuster too but what I don't know is if they need to come off the car and be compressed in a vise to adjust the compression.

These are what I'm talking about...Koni Double-Adjustable Strut, 1994-04 V8 Mustang [8742-1122S] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

I just bought my cobra a few months back and I'm still trying to figure out what the previous owner was trying to accomplish. It has cut stock springs, koni's all around, a huge swaybar up front, poly bushings in the IRS that have gone bad already, and the Koni's were set up full firm front/back. It feels like it's on rails but my local roads aren't so good. Adjusting the rebound is easy and helps some but I'm thinking the compression is too much for the stock springs. H&R Race springs are in my future I think but until then I need to soften these struts up.

Thanks in advance

Teej281

Established Member
Go coilovers. You are already well over half way there with the Koni's. They would go very nice with the coilovers.

Users who are viewing this thread