Kona Blue; Going from white to black stripes

Loosescrews

Established Member
Has anyone done this? I've been able to find a Photoshop pic of one and it looks amazing. It was done in flat black. I've also seen a pic of another who removed the side stripes and just left the white on top and on hood. Looked good as well.

ragingclue

Semper Gumby
Established Member
Yeah I know there's at least one owner on here who has done this (or maybe it was a different forum, I don't know). I like the way it looks, but you also kinda see why they went with the white stripes, with the black being pretty stealthy against the Kona.

Google "kona blue boss black stripes" and select the image results. There is plenty there to look at.

cobra-boss

Established Member
If you are going to go black look at doing reflecting strips like the original cars. VERY cool way to go.

Jim

Dean95CobraR

Established Member
Here is a picture of a Kona Blue Mustang with the black Boss stripes. This was a preproduction Mustang so I guess they were looking at the possibility of offering it. I can kind of see why they decided against it since you can hardly see it. The reflective stripes may look pretty cool though.
2011-08-06_13-50-40_840.jpg

Last edited:

Loosescrews

Established Member
Dean95, thanks for the pic. The stripes on some of the other pics seem to be more prominent than what is in your pic. Those stripes appear to be almost gray.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Originally I was big on changing all the white to black. Then I got to see a KB GT with black stripes and quickly changed my tune. Now that I have the car I'm fine with the white. I did recently remove my white hood decal and have added a white CJ grille. This is more inline with the LS cars and I like the look a lot.

Loosescrews

Established Member
Originally I was big on changing all the white to black. Then I got to see a KB GT with black stripes and quickly changed my tune. Now that I have the car I'm fine with the white. I did recently remove my white hood decal and have added a white CJ grille. This is more inline with the LS cars and I like the look a lot.

Truthfully, I really like the way your car looks with the white. I think that your wheels really help bump it up a notch in the looks department.

5 DOT 0

Established Member
Thanks. After I cooled my jets about changing to black stripes I focused on getting the black spoiler and wheels off the car. I had the SVT wheels installed within 24 hours of taking possession of my car and the rear spoiler installed within two weeks. A big improvement IMO. Here's a photo of the CJ grille. I'm picking up my car in a couple of hours from having some suspension components installed which lowered my car. I'll post some better photos by the weekend which will show the hood decal removed.

P1030042.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread