Koenigsegg cc - have you heard of it?

98Cobretti

Established Member
I have some video of this car, its supposed to be faster than a Mclaren F1.....the thing I didnt know was what it packed for a powerplant, check it out. 4.7L supercharged you can read about it at http://www.koenigsegg.se/index.asp
or download the Top Gear video off of racingflix, or kazaa...awesome car.

Engine looks somewhat familar! They dont say anything about a ford powerplant though....but it obviously is.

Koenigsegg developed semi-stress bearing, mid mounted supercharged
and intercooled 32-valve quad cam alloy 4.7 liter 8 cylinder (90 degree
V formation). Dry-sump oil lubrication with Setrab oil to air cooler, oil
spray cooled forged pistons and connecting rods, sequential fuel
injection, OBDII, non-return fuel system with large bore aluminum
extruded fuel rails. Step tube stainless steel full length exhaust mani-
fold with fire-cone collectors, 4 stainless steel metal catalytic converters, carbonfiber induction type air intake with conical oiled organic airfilter, carbonfiber valve and timing covers. Fuel consumption: highway travel:
13 lt/100 km, combined consumption: 19 lt/100 km.

665 hp @ 6800 RPM

Last edited:

vector

1st Whipple in the 10's
Established Member
What clutch does that car use?.....

you have got to be shitting me man my freaking dream car has the same motor my car has

hmm thats it i now declare teh 03 cobra a supercar any 03 running not stock boost just got bumped up on the food chain

BlueSHO

i love lamp
Established Member
i dont like em. they're not as fast as the mclaren f1 (although its prett close). and they just look like an egg. the doors are really sweet tho. i cant remember what they call it, but its really trick. they more or less "roll forward". they show it in the Top Gear video.

and yes thats a ford engine, but its the racing block made in italy. dosent really share alot with the 03 cobra egine at all. if anything

98Cobretti

Established Member
I agree with the Mclaren F1 being a better car! It would be interesting if they could get the Mclaren and test it against the Koenigsegg, they say its lighter, more aerodynamic, and more powerful than the Mclaren. The doors are awesome: "Dihedral Synchro-Helix Door Actuation " you have to see them in action. I like how the car looks from the front and from the rear, but it doesnt look as good from the side. Oh well I would take one!

yeasure

Old School ModularMan
Established Member
Thats also a DOHC mod motor, same as our cobras.....kinda =)
This car isn't new, been around awhile and i also have a few videos of this car(had them for about 3 years now).
If you havn't seen the full preview of the car, it's a very nice car honestly, is it better then the Mclaren F1:??: .........i guess it depends on taste, what you like better, they both perform very close in everyway so to say one is better isn't true really, just what you like better.:rockon:
Btw, 96-98/99 blocks were also made in italy, it was either 99/00/01 when ford finally had a powerplanet to build the blocks themself, so the block is 100% the same on the 96-98 cobras(if i remember correctly that is)(design)

Last edited:

mambaman

Established Member
i'd take one, they're cheaper than the mclaren by quite a lot, plus from what i've read their handling (at least on paper) is better.

ScaryGT

Established Member
Originally posted by BlueSHO
and yes thats a ford engine, but its the racing block made in italy. dosent really share alot with the 03 cobra egine at all. if anything

I can't say anymore than this, but I've heard rumors that the block may be made a little closer to home!

Scary :coolman:

Aaron_01

Banned
Its pretty sweet, but Id rather a GT or S7 over it. I think theyre styling is more appealing but thats just my opinion

yermo

Established Member
i have a magazine called "EVO" November 2003 #61. it compares the Enzo Ferrari, Koenigsegg CC8S, and the Pagani Zonda C12S.
weight: 1175kg, 0-60: 3.3 (claimed), Max Speed: 242 (claimed), 655 hp and 553 tq. Price: 330,000 Pounds.

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Originally posted by yeasure
Thats also a DOHC mod motor, same as our cobras.....kinda =)
This car isn't new, been around awhile and i also have a few videos of this car(had them for about 3 years now).
If you havn't seen the full preview of the car, it's a very nice car honestly, is it better then the Mclaren F1:??: .........i guess it depends on taste, what you like better, they both perform very close in everyway so to say one is better isn't true really, just what you like better.:rockon:
Btw, 96-98/99 blocks were also made in italy, it was either 99/00/01 when ford finally had a powerplanet to build the blocks themself, so the block is 100% the same on the 96-98 cobras(if i remember correctly that is)(design)

I also thought the same thing about the blocks...:shrug:talk about giving us an idea on what they can do with good internals....and an intercooled Paxton set up.:eek: :bowdown: ;-) :rockon: :beer:

Last edited:

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Also on that first engine pic.Does the intake look like the 99/01 intake or is it just me seeing things...?Then look at the MAF and throttlebody(looks more oval than round,just like ours)...Very interesting.

dougwg

Established Member
ToKoeni1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread