Knocking sound at idle from transmission, vid inside

Black_Snake

Established Member
After doing my research it seems it's 99% spec clutches that do this. I have maybe
2000 miles since the last TOB was installed. I'm picking up a quadrant adjuster come Monday and see how that affects it

jblood37

Established Member
My spec doesn't make that noise, but it does make an incredibly annoying whirring noise. I just haven't heard many good things about spec.

hotcobra03

Established Member
What brand tob?

I had issues before with fork slamming backwards against trans..

it wore a huge whole in the weight on the fork...you can see it by eye with cover off..

I had found for tobs are the best...others can last 1 day to coupke yrs...

the tob has been 1 of the most changed part on my cobra thats about stock as they come

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I am part of the rattling noise too. Spec 3+ and fidanza aluminum flywheel, brand new ford racing clutch fork, tob 26 spline input, Steeda adjustable cable(on 2nd one) and all new bolts and have about 6k on mine. I just installed aluminum diff mounts about 5k ago and just noticed I have a flat tire noise in the interior but no vibration and angle is set on the dot and just inspected the rear wheel bearings and pinion bearings and seems quiet. Anyone else get this noise going down the highway. I am thinking spec sucks too and thinking McLeod is up next and try new oem cable. Open to any ideas?

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
I did figure my noise out. Its the TOB maybe its different than the others but sounded like the one knocking video above. So failure is more probable than not.

Users who are viewing this thread