knocking in the engine

FL_SHELBY

Established Member
Hi guys,my name is Francis and I live in Quebec, Canada. I am the new owner of a 2009 shelby convertible with 6000 milles. Last week, began a noise in my engine (knocking). The knock disappears after 3 minutes. By the time the engine come hot. I spoke with my SVT dealer and he says that is normal on some models.
You think someone has the same problem.
Thanks

Zeke0123

Established Member
A "Knock" is not normal...some valve train "ticking" wouldn't cause to much alarm and most "tapping" that disappears after warmup is ok as well...but a true Knock is not good..ever.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
like everyone else said, if its a "knock" its not normal. these engines have a lot of injector ticks and noises. get a second opinion

FL_SHELBY

Established Member
Here is technical bulletin service by ford translates

Engine noise normal
2007-2010 Mustang GT500 some vehicles equipped with a 5.4 l mores may have a characteristic engine noise (rattling, pinging, knocking) The noise may be caused by an allowance, not an individual component. Because of differences due to manufacturing process, all diesel engines have a certain level of noise. The noise may be more noticeable to the wheel under the vehicle with hood open. Under certain operating conditions, such as cold start and engine start after an extended shutdown period, noise may be more noticeable during the warm-up engine. The extensive testing showed no loss of durability or performance in this case. 09-30-2009
Écouter
Lire phonétiquement
Dictionnaire - Afficher le dictionnaire

que4dog

Established Member
In addition to the above answers make sure that you repeatedly check the car after it warms up. Listen to it near a wall or quiet area. If the noise is still present or more noticeable you have a problem (just rule out injectors, exhaust ect.).

Users who are viewing this thread