Knock or false knock!!!!

siscokid

Established Member
so I'm data logging base tune and I'm getting knock at the start of my WOT and its driving me crazy!!! I've seen as much as 5 degrees being pulled. any suggestions as to where this knock or false knock is coming from? I'm trying torco tomorrow. I've checked all my exhaust clamps, bolts, and hit and pushed the exhaust and i don't see anything coming close to tapping?? I'm so bummed. :whine:

sloppymax

Established Member
What, if any mods? I see you are in CA but do you have headers? The AC bracket on the passenger side has been the source for a number of people. If you are on the stock exhaust then check the ball clamp under the driver side and see if the threads have scratched any portion of the body. If all this looks good or not applicable then see if the knock goes away with the Torco to determine if the fuel is your culprit.

siscokid

Established Member
mods are roush CAI xpipe and roush axle back. the car is lowered, I do have suspension mods and 20x10 & 20x10.5 out back..

Last edited:

siscokid

Established Member
i did check that ball clamp everything cleared, i still moved it so it faces sideways, i didn't see any scratches or any sign of it tapping.

Jay-rod427

Established Member
Assuming a tune as well since logging knocks. Bad gas, Bad tune, or you have messed with the timing tables too much.

siscokid

Established Member
so it appears to be bad gas. added some torco to my tank this morning and logged the car 4 times... the first log showed half a degree and the other 3 no knock was present.. I'm gonna run this tank dry and fill up at 76 where I usually do to confirm the bad gas theory.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
put some 110+ octane in it like fuse or ms109 make sure nothing else is in the tank ....if you have a pump gas tune in the car it shouldnt show knock on race fuel...if the knock is still there then its false...i went through this, couldnt solve the issue and had the knock sensors turned down...problem went away. thats how i solved my issue. can drive you crazy trying to chase around the slightest noise or vibration in the chasis that your car may be picking up as knock....

dennisn

Established Member
I'm ready to burn my car down to the ground. Been chasing what I'm pretty sure is false knock for over a month now. On the dyno with octane boost showed less than one degree, 5 mins later on the street 6 degrees all day long of knock. Gone through everything multiple times. Thought it was all the solid bushings I put in the rear. Put most back to stock and still knocking like a bitch. Car is less than a few months old and I'm done with it. I've spent more hours chasing this mother f'n knock.

5.0jake

Established Member
so I'm data logging base tune and I'm getting knock at the start of my WOT and its driving me crazy!!! I've seen as much as 5 degrees being pulled. any suggestions as to where this knock or false knock is coming from? I'm trying torco tomorrow. I've checked all my exhaust clamps, bolts, and hit and pushed the exhaust and i don't see anything coming close to tapping?? I'm so bummed. :whine:

I went through the same nightmare with my 2014 auto GT stang. My tuner claimed false knock so I tried several different gas stations as well as pure race gas on an empty tank. It still knocked with the race gas but less. I also checked my exhaust/suspension for anything loose or rubbing. I must have datalogged at least 50 times.

My car was bone stock besides the tune and didn't knock at all stock. My tuner claimed the extra torque from the tune was exaserbating the false knock...I ended up giving up and trading for an S550 GT (which will stay stock).

Users who are viewing this thread