Knock/Lean Warning system?

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I'm pushing the upper limits of my stock Coyote and would feel much better if I had a simple buzzer to alert me. Such as an audible tone for knock lets say over 2 deg. and same with Air fuel. You guys have any safe guards like this? I am thinking of using the Aeroforce Gauge and wiring a relay to a buzzer but I am hoping there is something better out there.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the J&S vampire setup will listen for knock and pull timing automatically

I just feel like by the time the thing goes off, you recognize it and actually get your foot off the gas a lot of damage can already be done

sharptech

Established Member
We had something like that in the Evo world with TEPhra mods using ECU flash where it would flash the check engine light so many times for if you were getting knock. It was a tuned parameter in the ECU. It may not be possible in the copperhead ecu for the coyote motor though. Maybe a tuner will chime in.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
the J&S vampire setup will listen for knock and pull timing automatically

I just feel like by the time the thing goes off, you recognize it and actually get your foot off the gas a lot of damage can already be done

If it's pulling timing accordingly then getting your foot off the gas doesn't have to be immediate. Mount the gauge somewhere that you can see it

Users who are viewing this thread