Knee hurting question?

04spinbra

Established Member
Got a question for someone in the medical field or familiar with muscles. My leg gave out today and I fell, now the back of my knee is hurting pretty bad! What muscle or tendon is back there? Should I be worried?? I can walk on it but hurts a good bit that I'm actually thinking about going to the E.R. or an Urgent Care place! Thanks in advanced!!:beer:

Nah don't go to an E.R. or an Urgent Care place. Stick with getting a diagnoses from anonymous people in the Road Side pub. We'll save you a copay.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Got a question for someone in the medical field or familiar with muscles. My leg gave out today and I fell, now the back of my knee is hurting pretty bad! What muscle or tendon is back there? Should I be worried?? I can walk on it but hurts a good bit that I'm actually thinking about going to the E.R. or an Urgent Care place! Thanks in advanced!!:beer:

don't waste your time at the ER. if you can walk on it, nothing is broken. your hamstring tendons are in the back of the knee---if you hyper-extended the knee, you may have pulled your hamstring. if the knee continues to give out, or if it swells up like a baloon, then you will need an MRI to look for a meniscus tear. if you go to the ER they will take an x-ray, which will be normal, and just refer you to your family doctor to get the MRI. you can also have pain from a torn meniscus be referred to the back of the knee.

try this::: ice, elevate, and take 800mg of ibuprofen (you can do this 3 times in the next 24 hours if you need to), and see what happens. if you're no better (or if the knee keeps giving out), then you need to see your family doctor next week.

there, i save you a trip to the ER and your copay. that will be $300

04spinbra

Established Member

Nah don't go to an E.R. or an Urgent Care place. Stick with getting a diagnoses from anonymous people in the Road Side pub. We'll save you a copay.

My main thing was what muscle or tendon what back there! So yeah I will keeps asking in Road Side questions! KTHKSBYE!

don't waste your time at the ER. if you can walk on it, nothing is broken. your hamstring tendons are in the back of the knee---if you hyper-extended the knee, you may have pulled your hamstring. if the knee continues to give out, or if it swells up like a baloon, then you will need an MRI to look for a meniscus tear. if you go to the ER they will take an x-ray, which will be normal, and just refer you to your family doctor to get the MRI. you can also have pain from a torn meniscus be referred to the back of the knee.

try this::: ice, elevate, and take 800mg of ibuprofen (you can do this 3 times in the next 24 hours if you need to), and see what happens. if you're no better (or if the knee keeps giving out), then you need to see your family doctor next week.

there, i save you a trip to the ER and your copay. that will be $300

Checks in the Mail!!haha I appreciate it!!:beer: Thanks!:rockon: It is feeling alot better now than it did yesterday!!

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
My knee gave out on me once, played it off for years. I just thought it was just me getting old. Finally went to the knee doctor, he found I had a torn Meniscus. Short surgery later, never had another issue. Hell, I felt 18 again..lol

Prior to the surgery I would get pains in the back of my knee, and a tad on the side.

66speed

Ya dun goofed
Established Member
Like Kirk said, ER is a waste of time and money. It's not life threatening.

Users who are viewing this thread