Kirkey Seats

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Trying to hit the widest audience, so posted in here.

For guys who installed Kirkey seats or similar. Did you mount just the driver seat or a pair?

The vinyl seats look nicer than the fabric, but how do they sit?

I would most likely install with the double locking Corbeau sliders.

Post your thoughts up guys.

1306-2006-ford-mustang-interior-view-kirkey-race-seat_zpslzii2y4i.jpg

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I permanently mounted my Cloth Kirky in my old pro street car. Drivers side only. I figure with fixed back racing seats, it's not often it needs to be adjusted. I tabbed it to the R bar and made brackets to the floor. Felt more secure/safer than having sliders. Plus at with me at 5'10, if someone can't find a way to fit they probably shouldn't be trying in the first place.

My 2 cents.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I permanently mounted my Cloth Kirky in my old pro street car. Drivers side only. I figure with fixed back racing seats, it's not often it needs to be adjusted. I tabbed it to the R bar and made brackets to the floor. Felt more secure/safer than having sliders. Plus at with me at 5'10, if someone can't find a way to fit they probably shouldn't be trying in the first place.

My 2 cents.

Appreciate the feedback. I got tipped to the Kirkey 47 series seat over on YB. Looks like a little easier to get into and a slightly thicker pad.

Picture9_zpsjh6vadqp.png

JustaGT5408

Established Member
I dont have a real good picture of just the seats, but I did both passenger and drivers side with fixed mounts from Racecraft. They bolt to the factory location on the floorboard and have a ton of adjustments when setting them up.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I dont have a real good picture of just the seats, but I did both passenger and drivers side with fixed mounts from Racecraft. They bolt to the factory location on the floorboard and have a ton of adjustments when setting them up.

That is what DB Performance recommended I go with also.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Decided to go with a pair of the series 47. Turns out Racecraft has not made the mounts for S197 yet. Investigating a couple options for mounting seats.

Users who are viewing this thread