Kirk Racing or Autopower Roll Bar?

Shepp1691

Established Member
Ordering a roll bar for the 99 cobra convertible. The description of both of these 4 point bars is identical on steeda's website but the kirk racing is $200 cheaper. Anyone use either of these bars or have any experience with them. Thanks.

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Ive got experience with Steeda lately.

They quoted me $40 shipping on my order I placed online, Nov 26.

Steeda emailed me last week, said my order was ready and put a hold on my debit card for $335.

Steeda then emailed me the next day and said shipping was going to be $160 to a residence or $110 to a business not the $40 they had quoted.

I said no that they had already quoted me shipping and I agreed to that amount.

After a good amount of bitching on my part they knocked $15 off the shipping quote. I gave them a business address to ship to and then Steeda proceeded to put another hold on my bank account for $390!!

This was on Friday of last week. Steeda now has two holds on my checking account for a grand total of $725!!!

Im not telling you to order it from somewhere else just sharing my happy experience with Steeda recently. :cuss:

Last edited:

coposrv

Established Member
Search around for autopower. From what I recall they dont have the best reputation as far as strength goes.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
One is probably ERW the other is DOM, or possibly CDS

ERW starts out as a flat plate, is rolled then welded (seamed)= cheaper, can split at seam

DOM is also plate but is then drawn on mandrel= more expensive but not likely to split because the tube is evenly drawn

CDS is cold drawn seamless probably = expensive the best mild steel

Bmeagher

Seriously Northern
Established Member
Ive got experience with Steeda lately.

They quoted me $40 shipping on my order I placed online, Nov 26.

Steeda emailed me last week, said my order was ready and put a hold on my debit card for $335.

Steeda then emailed me the next day and said shipping was going to be $160 to a residence or $110 to a business not the $40 they had quoted.

I said no that they had already quoted me shipping and I agreed to that amount.

After a good amount of bitching on my part they knocked $15 off the shipping quote. I gave them a business address to ship to and then Steeda proceeded to put another hold on my bank account for $390!!

This was on Friday of last week. Steeda now has two holds on my checking account for a grand total of $725!!!

Im not telling you to order it from somewhere else just sharing my happy experience with Steeda recently. :cuss:

I had the same problem with Steeda.ca.
The website says, free shipping in Canada. So i ordered FX1 seats and brackets. They said they had them in stock, 2 days later they call. Sorry we don't ship to Yellowknife, My wife was like.....well Yellowknife is in Canada. They split the difference with us, 200 instead of 400 for shipping. That was November. So....they said in stock right. I called last week, they were at the Buffalo border in customs. So i called again the next day, sorry about the hold up. One seat was on back order, they're being shipped out tomorrow.

So, ordered Nov 26......Fedex online says they should be here tomorrow. HAAA I'll never buy anything from them again.

Sorry i had to vent, post up the Roll bar when it gets in.

Shepp1691

Established Member
Still have yet to order one, wifes car needed tires and kids are always needing something so cobra has been sitting with many plans waiting.....

racermatt

Established Member
99COBRA2881 I am sending you a PM to find out more about this.

If anyone else is looking for anything please do not hesitate to give me a shout, I can tell you this is in no way the norm, and I will get this fixed!

Users who are viewing this thread