Kink in HE hose

RickyBobby

Established Member
The hose going from my 3x coolant reservoir is kinked just below where it attaches to the reservoir on the bottom. This is the stock hose. It is clearly impeding the flow of coolant and increasing IAT2's Has anybody else had this issue? I'm looking for input as to whether or not I should shorten the hose by about 1/2" or just buy a new/longer hose.

Attachments

• IMG_20170521_173722.jpg
    IMG_20170521_173722.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 159
Last edited:

Imatk

Established Member
It's kinked because your new reservoir is larger than your stock one. Agree with above... either cut it or get a new hose.

RickyBobby

Established Member
IMG_20170525_182325438.jpg
Thank you for the suggestions! Initially I cut about 1/2" off the hose but it it too short to make the bend. I bought a longer length of house and it works great.

usafimj

Established Member
How long is the new hose and how did you route it. I just ordered the VMP HE w/ 3x tank and would like to avoid this.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
The problem I have with cutting that hose is.................what if you find a nice set of aluminum tanks that you decide to install in the future? Most of those tanks have the bottom tank nipple facing out to the side like the oem small tank. I am doing a Roush 3X install right now, I have found a very simple solution while keeping the original hose (uncut), in the oem portion (not rerouted), and keeping the option of installing the Roush 3X, or going to a nice set of aluminum coolant tanks, or going "back to stock" at sale time. I have pictures, I will add them this evening.

R

Imatk

Established Member
One more thing to note... I'm running the stock tank, because I had two of the Roush 3x Tanks deform due to either heat or pressure.

Make sure you check the top of the tank periodically for any deformation.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
One more thing to note... I'm running the stock tank, because I had two of the Roush 3x Tanks deform due to either heat or pressure.

Make sure you check the top of the tank periodically for any deformation.

^^^^I have read this also.

If this happens to mine, I would like the choice of going back to oem or get a nice set of aluminum tanks without having to also buy/change the hose below.

R

Last edited:

bFoxGt500

Established Member
^^^^I have read this also.

If this happens to mine, I would like the choice of going back to oem or get a nice set of aluminum tanks without having to also buy/change the hose below.

R

^ me too - bulged at the top. I now have an aluminum tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I found that for about $10 a person can keep their original GT500 hose and just add a "splice" using a hose coupler and another GT500 H/E hose that is commonly found on eBay.

Below are the simple parts I used to modify (add to) my original hose without any cutting or relocation of that hose, and the nice thing, it all clamps in place and is totally reversible.

First of all the problem. The Roush 3X nipple points down, the oem hose comes in from the side..............

049_zps7cnsk72v.jpg

Yes that is a 2013/14 I/C pump mounted to my 2008 timing cover, that is a future project to complete.

050_zpsafiydnfr.jpg

The $10 worth of parts to make this work, look right, and totally reversible...........

008_zpshooaljuq.jpg

009_zpsf2m57lnf.jpg

I painted the clamps and coupler flat black so they would blend in with the hose and not stick out as being added to the hose.

Coupler added with first clamp installed.........

052_zpswc7wtns2.jpg

90 degree hose added and attached to coupler with the other flat black painted clamp. I also positioned both black clamps downward so they are not noticed.

054_zpsotza88pk.jpg

The newly modded hose installed and the oem silver clamp in place on the Roush 3X..........

055_zpspez8yz37.jpg

Once it is all put back together, the splice and clamps won't even be noticed, unless a person is looking for them.....

058_zpsahswndbl.jpg

Here is a link to the 90 degree hose (with clamps)...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upper-Heat-...ash=item4afe79b549:g:iuMAAOSwo4pYk5bO&vxp=mtr

.................and your local auto parts store can get the coupler, Murray part number shown in the pictures above.

^^^^All for about $10 to save cutting a unique/expensive to replace GT500 H/E hose for the Roush 3X install. I also did something a little different for the top hose (and not cutting up my original), but we are discussing the lower hose in this thread.

R

Last edited:

bFoxGt500

Established Member
I found that for about $10 a person can keep their original GT500 hose and just add a "splice" using a hose coupler and another GT500 H/E hose that is commonly found on eBay.

Below are the simple parts I used to modify (add to) my original hose without any cutting or relocation of that hose, and the nice thing, it all clamps in place and is totally reversible.

First of all the problem. The Roush 3X nipple points down, the oem hose comes in from the side..............

049_zps7cnsk72v.jpg

Yes that is a 2013/14 I/C pump mounted to my 2008 timing cover, that is a future project to complete.

050_zpsafiydnfr.jpg

The $10 worth of parts to make this work, look right, and totally reversible...........

008_zpshooaljuq.jpg

009_zpsf2m57lnf.jpg

I painted the clamps and coupler flat black so they would blend in with the hose and not stick out as being added to the hose.

Coupler added with first clamp installed.........

052_zpswc7wtns2.jpg

90 degree hose added and attached to coupler with the other flat black painted clamp. I also positioned both black clamps downward so they are not noticed.

054_zpsotza88pk.jpg

The newly modded hose installed and the oem silver clamp in place on the Roush 3X..........

055_zpspez8yz37.jpg

Once it is all put back together, the splice and clamps won't even be noticed, unless a person is looking for them.....

058_zpsahswndbl.jpg

Here is a link to the 90 degree hose (with clamps)...........

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Upper-Heat-...ash=item4afe79b549:g:iuMAAOSwo4pYk5bO&vxp=mtr

.................and your local auto parts store can get the coupler, Murray part number shown in the pictures above.

^^^^All for about $10 to save cutting a unique/expensive to replace GT500 H/E hose for the Roush 3X install. I also did something a little different for the top hose (and not cutting up my original), but we are discussing the lower hose in this thread.

R

Robert, I also installed the 13/14 pump. Rather than relocate it, i used my OE clamp/bracket and a hose clamp and installed it in the OE position. It is not the prettiest installation but it works. I have pictures of it somewhere if you are interested.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Robert, I also installed the 13/14 pump. Rather than relocate it, i used my OE clamp/bracket and a hose clamp and installed it in the OE position. It is not the prettiest installation but it works. I have pictures of it somewhere if you are interested.

Yes, keep those pictures handy. I will start a thread to the 2013/14 I/C pump install on a 2007-2012 GT500 in the future, hopefully sooner than later........I have too many projects going at the same time!!

R

bFoxGt500

Established Member
Ha! As mentioned, it ain't real pretty, but it was a lot easier (for me) to put it in the same place. You really can't see it. I had already moved my horns behind the passenger side headlight so there was not a lot of room otherwise. I never liked the look of the horns showing in the middle of the grill.

Users who are viewing this thread