King Cobra clutch

gtowncobra

Established Member
ram powergrip i just had mine installed and i love it the peddle is just like stock and it holds it own on the power.

busta

REDRCKT
Established Member
I went with the FRPP. It's pretty much the same as the stock clutch. I wish there was something I could do to make the pedal just a little bit less stiff though.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
I love my McLeod but I actually miss the stiff pedal. The couple people I let drive my car cried like girls and couldn't handle it.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member
I personally run a King Cobra from FRPP as well, haven't had any issues so far. I'm not sure if the sizes are different between the companies. Mines a 13''.

Honestly how much power are you looking to make? If it stock or near stock the probably any of the King Cobra's would be fine. If your looking for more i'd look into something else

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I love my McLeod but I actually miss the stiff pedal. The couple people I let drive my car cried like girls and couldn't handle it.

lol im still stock and ive had people bitch... one freind was telling me itd be like a workout driivng my car all the time between the clutch pedal and the shifting lol...

gotta love the notchy tri-ax... gotta rip that bitch.. course its a different feel coming over from a neon lol

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
For a stockish Cobra, the KC clutch is more than adequate.
Mine's been in for 2+ years and zero clamping/chirping/stuttering issues

cobrapower7

Established Member
Personally i have seen all kinds of clutches. Installed a bunch and have ran the king cobra and ram. I really like the Centerforce DFX. The added pucks on the pressure plate allows for a very smooth clutch pedal and can hold a significant amount of power.

Users who are viewing this thread