Kinda interesting

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Yesterday I took the Vert in because the driver side front window quit working over the weekend. Unrelated, the car has been shifting really badly for the past month - like my right arm is about 1" bigger than my left from grunting it thru the gears -- but I did not mention it because I have a shifter mod as well as a couple of other things and did not want any attention drawn to mods. (Been too lazy to check out what it going on with the shifter. )
I had to leave the car at the dealer without me staying too for the first time ever.

Picked up the car, window works (they replaced motor under warranty). Am driving away and notice that they put 3 miles on the car. :nonono:
Start to spin the car around to scream and yell about somebody needing a 3 mile drive to test out the window motor, but noticed that the shifter is working better than I have ever felt it. ;-)
No reference to any shifter adjustments on the write-up tickey.

Decided to apply the 'under 5 mile rule' and not get the guy who fixed the shifter in hot water.
JW

03vertPA

Established Member
I have a vert to. My driver window stoped working the other day. Just droped off my yesterday, they called me to tell me its the regulator.

Hope they dont put 3 miles on my car. No problem with my shifter.
I will be pissed because when I took delivery there was 76 miles on it and NO documentation from ford for the high miles. The dealer told me there was some bolts missing in drive tran some where, didnt bother me at the time i was just happy to get the car but i think about it from time to time and what they could have been doing to my car during the 76 mile joy ride :fm:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread