Kinda got killed by a R1

Bling

Established Member
This morning I'm cruising in to work and I spot a bike coming up behind me. In my head I'm hoping it's a 600 or at most a 750. Of course not, it's a damn R1...of all the bikes to run into I get this one. I don't even look over hoping he'll drive right by....negative. He punches it a few times and keeps looking over at me:( We stop at the next light and I debate even trying my luck. I decide what the hell, I got nothing to lose (besides my license or my life) and wait for green. I hear him bring the revs up a bit and on green I'm out. I spun a little in 1st and he's out 2 bikes instantly. Bang 2nd and I stop his pull. 3rd gear more of the same, he keeps the 2 bikes and neither one of us move. We shut down @ 100 or so and I'm pumping and praying (skinnies and stock brakes:nonono: ) He pull up next to me and says "Thats a fast ****ing car bro, you hung in there" I tell him thanks and assure him that he could have pulled away from me easily. He said "shit no, I was on it the whole time" :eek: He turned off and I continued on to work in disbelief. Nice way to start the morning.

Bling

Established Member
306 w/ Probe pistons, stock block, crank, rods.
70cc Victor Jr's, Comp 1.6 RR's
TFS 2 cam 542int 565exh
Edelbrock RPM u/l intake
42's 255 intank, T-Rex, Kirban fpr.
80mm Pro-M, 70mm T/B, Fox intake swap
Vortech V-2 SQ, 3.33 pulley, Power Pipe, 12-13#'s
BBK 1 5/8 L/T's, O/R pipe, Flows
ARP studs throughout
Stock T-5, King Cobra clutch
275-50-15 BFG D/R's

That about sums it up, minus a few trivial things. Made 480rwhp and 450rwtq on pump gas @ 11#'s. Now it sees 13#'s but no new #'s yet.

Bling

Established Member
Originally posted by machncobra
nice car :beer:
Well thanks, but the car is actually a pile of doo doo. The only thing keeping me from driving it into a river is that "when" it runs, it seems to run really well. :-D....If only a dealership would give away Cobra's..................................

Bling

Established Member
Originally posted by EatonLS-1s
Bling
What do you run in the 1/4. Sounds like more rice tales to me.
What exactly is a rice tale:??: I haven't gotten a decent pass yet, something damns me each time. The best so far is 11.8 @ 124 with a 2.0 60ft. I got a little anxious on that pass and missed 3rd, so there's a bit more in it. Hopefully, if no other problems arise, I'm looking for 11.2-11.3's @ around 126-127 in a month or so on DR's.

Bling

Established Member
I've never had a problem losing to bikes....especially if they trap 130+. Just felt kinda good to even keep him in sight.

RedFire2003

Established Member
I love racing bikes I have yet to lose to one YET but I know there are a lot out there that could hand me my A$$. Although in about a week the spark and nitrous will be complete and I should be seeing over 700rwhp :rockon:

The_Sheriff_

Established Member
Originally posted by Bling
What exactly is a rice tale:??: I haven't gotten a decent pass yet, something damns me each time. The best so far is 11.8 @ 124 with a 2.0 60ft. I got a little anxious on that pass and missed 3rd, so there's a bit more in it. Hopefully, if no other problems arise, I'm looking for 11.2-11.3's @ around 126-127 in a month or so on DR's.

Dude, that R1 traps a lot more than that. Looks like you ran against a bad rider. Btw, a GSXR 750 will run right with the R1s...so a 750 would have still handed you your ass.

Bling

Established Member
Heh, it's funny you mention that about the 750. Last weekend I ran 2 750 gixxers and had a car on both of them till 130. Must be a whole crop of sorry bike riders out here huh?:rollseyes

lildew

Established Member
Heh, it's funny you mention that about the 750. Last weekend I ran 2 750 gixxers and had a car on both of them till 130. Must be a whole crop of sorry bike riders out here huh?:rollseyes

sounds like.....:rolleyes:

The_Sheriff_

Established Member

You need to stop racing GSXRs when they are in 4th....I am sure you are just taking off..and they just take off after you in 4th. My LS1 traps higher than you and my 750 will walk it from a roll. You need to understand that most bikers don't drag race...they road race. FYI...a properly ridden GSXR750 will hand you your ass.

ibepressin

Established Member
my 00 R1 went 9.98@ 142 with only a pipe and jet , with a better rider "other than I" would go faster. 1st gear is good for 65+ mph so when you hit 2nd he was still in first and believe me @65 mph that r1 is pulling harder than you will in 2nd. all i'm sayin is that the bike would be at well over 130 by the time you hit 100. "this is assuming the rider can ride it to it's potential" and stranger things have happened

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread