kind of worried, need feedback

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
okay long story short, i accidently mishifted and over reved the motor for like a second, now... the tach shot up to like 7 and the shift light went nuts and what not. Everyone telling me its normal, people do it by accident blah blah blah, but i wanna hear it from you guys... i know someone with a beamer who blew up the motor by shifted down to 2nd by accident from 50mph, but then again this is a mustang....so let me know if i should be worried. There is no ticking or any sort of tranny noises or wierd shifting going on right now so am i okay??

cobra93teal

Psycho Pilot Racing
Established Member
probably ok if it is running fine.....might of bent a pushrod or someting if it is giving you any probs

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
well so far so good, i think it would gimme some sort of tick if things were bent in the vavletrain no?

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
sweet, i heard it from a ford tech, the motor is fine then :) hmm what about my tranny lol can it take it?

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
The trans is a weak link, they cant take to much abuse, thats why people change out the stock trans. Just dont make over reving the engine a regular thing.

TorchRedCobra04

8 Pistons > 4 Pistons
Established Member
alrite, :/ well i hope the tranny is ok then, it has a centerforce dual friction clutch so i m hoping thats ok too, feels great still... and wel the tranny seems fine to me, hope so

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
yeah it will be fine. My stock shortblock seen a couple over revs due to missing gears when on the juice and it never hurt it

jonw357

Established Member
the engine has a stock rev limiter at 6,200,dont worry about it. The stock tachs are crap. The are not real accurate in the higher rpms. I have an lx that i put i built 351w in and i could not figure out what the hell was going on every time i hit 6,200 rpms. Well needless to say i got it tuned and removed the stock rev limiter.

Users who are viewing this thread