Kills in 2013 Shelby

kaz109

Established Member
I think Kaz drives a Ferrari!!! It's all making sense.:)

You are giving me waaaaay to much credit lol....would it matter if I told you I have a neon? Because with your logic since I have a lower end car I should agree with your childish logic

kaz109

Established Member
:beer::beer::beer::banana:Kaz.....There you agian.. Talking out of your rear end..................
Nelco

Did you happen to figure out the meaning of my post in your own thread? Doubt it with a post like this

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Good kill OP...I do find it very funny that you think a 458 owner would lose sleep or even care that a mustang beat him on a hwy rollroll lol..many ppl feel that way and it cracks me up. I am sure he will go trade in his 458 just like you would trade in your GT500 if you got beat by a 700hp eg civic.

Nobody knows how the Ferrari owner feels. It's all speculation based on our own feelings. However, as human we most likely feel sad about our losses as small as they could be. Yes, it bothers us. Some of us bounce back faster than others. No one wants to lose, especially to a lesser oponent. Even though the guy may not lose sleep over the run, he will always remember it everytime he crosses the path of an other Shelby. That's human nature and that's normal.

magred

Established Member
OMG, you guys need to quit dreaming. The guy in the 458 probably wasn't expecting to lose but he probably thought "Just another Mustang that had some mods.". And he probably said this as he went into his mansion and contemplated on what he was going to invest in.

Don't think for one minute that he is losing sleep over it. If he wanted to, he could probably buy a car like yours with the money in his wallet. Not trying to be a wise guy but people who have this mentality of thinking they got over on the rich guy need to realize that in your mind you did.

And just think, the guy in the Ferrari could go out and easily buy a car and mod it to make sure he wins. He could easily have bought a GTR and had the AMS Alpha 12 package installed.

kaz109

Established Member
Nobody knows how the Ferrari owner feels. It's all speculation based on our own feelings. However, as human we most likely feel sad about our losses as small as they could be. Yes, it bothers us. Some of us bounce back faster than others. No one wants to lose, especially to a lesser oponent. Even though the guy may not lose sleep over the run, he will always remember it everytime he crosses the path of an other Shelby. That's human nature and that's normal.

Hahahahahaha...yea that is the first thing he will think about every time he sees a mustang! Lol

BlueSnake01

Established Member
ALL I was saying in my first post was , if it were me in that gorgeous Ferrari , and I lost to that beautiful Shelby , I would have been :
- a little surprised at his win
- a little disappointed with my amazing Ferrari
-a little bit in awe of that beautiful Shelby
- impressed with his driving ( shifting ) " driver mod "
- thinking about spending $$$$ on modding Ferrari to beat him next time
- thinking about doing a second run RIGHT AWAY to see if it was a fluke
-asking Shelby driver to pull over so we can check each others cars out
That's the problem, if it was you. Not all people who buy Ferrari's or these type of exotic car's mod them. There's a guy around the block from where I work that has an F430, he lost to my brothers Vette. Guy gave him thumbs up and moved on, he also owns a Lambo LP 550 if I recall. Ask Treynor here, I believe none of his exotic cars have been under the wrench. If I had an exotic car like that, I wouldn't mod them, they are perfect cars as is even if its not the fastest thing around.

Fassssst

Established Member
That's the problem, if it was you. Not all people who buy Ferrari's or these type of exotic car's mod them. There's a guy around the block from where I work that has an F430, he lost to my brothers Vette. Guy gave him thumbs up and moved on, he also owns a Lambo LP 550 if I recall. Ask Treynor here, I believe none of his exotic cars have been under the wrench. If I had an exotic car like that, I wouldn't mod them, they are perfect cars as is even if its not the fastest thing around.
Point well taken . Perfectly understandable when you put it that way . Lots of good comments on here . ( just not my first few , lol )

Oh , and Kaz . Thanks for the props . seriously . I like reading your comments , always interesting . :beer:

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Just a few observations:

1. There are plenty of Ferrari owners, myself included, who are car guys. Don't assume just because we drive exotics that we're ignorant or deluded about what a Shelby / GTR / ZR1 / ... can do, or how easy they are to mod.

2. A bone stock 458 hardtop is a 125-130 MPH car depending on traction & tires. On the street they get off the line quite well because of the weight distribution; on the 'strip the street tires do not do so well.

3. Everyone I know who has an Aventador doesn't drive it. The spec sheet and the styling of the car look good; the actual driving experience is less attractive. Transmission & reliability are the two most common complaints.
3a. And none of them are single, so picking up chicks is not a priority.

Finally,
4. While it hasn't happened, I (personally) wouldn't mind losing a race to a fast Shelby / ... at the 'strip. I'm a car guy; seeing other fast cars in action is fun. That said, if I really wanted to win every drag race I was in, I'd get a car designed to do just that :-D

kaz109

Established Member
^^^^^ when this man talks I listen like a kid in his first day in kindergarten! Lol ...I am not worthy!

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Finally,
4. While it hasn't happened, I (personally) wouldn't mind losing a race to a fast Shelby / ... at the 'strip. I'm a car guy; seeing other fast cars in action is fun. That said, if I really wanted to win every drag race I was in, I'd get a car designed to do just that :-D
MOTHER OF....!!!
I've been wanting to say something along the lines of:
Ask Treynor, hes owned both a 458 & 458 spyder. He also, from what I've read, is ordering a Mustang that is quicker than a '13/'14 GT500; straight from factory too!!

:read:

kaz109

Established Member
I have a question for treynor . 458>aventador is a no brainer but how do you feel when comparing a 458 and MP4 12C?

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
He also, from what I've read, is ordering a Mustang that is quicker than a '13/'14 GT500; straight from factory too!!

s^is ordering^is taking delivery of^. Christine and I need to go get our NHRA licenses; otherwise that first 9.3-sec warmup pass is going to get us booted off the track.

I have a question for treynor . 458>aventador is a no brainer but how do you feel when comparing a 458 and MP4 12C?

I feel very glad I don't need to choose, because they're both fantastic :-D

masonh

Established Member
On the Evo comment. The G35R marketing materials claim that kit will put you in the 11s at sea level with killer 60' times because they're all wheel drive. An Evo that will hang with a modded 2013 shelby from a roll has had some SERIOUS work done to it. I have yet to see one. I've raced many of them at the drag strip and they have a big grin on their faces until about 150' ft. out, and then this look of helplessness washes over their face as the Shelby doesn't walk, but runs away.

I am not sure esactly what you mean by G35R marketing materials, but i do know an EVO with a 35 frame turbo and supporting mods (who is going to buy a GT35 and not support it anyway) will put down 700whp on ethanol and you can't beat a 700whp EVO in a Shelby. Sorry you just can't. I assume you are talking about a Garret 35 or a HTA3582, that turbo will push close to 40psi and will definitley run 10's all day long and most likely 9's if the guy can drive at all.

Clearly there aren't many fast EVO's in Utah if you are "running" away from them in your Shelby. getting a Shelby into the 10's isn't really about bolt ons as much as it is about traction. Slicks or a really good drag radial setup is what the Shelby needs to run 10's.

The hta3582 really isn't that difficult to support with mods either. Eventually you will have to upgrade the drivetrain cause it won't take 700whp for long. All I'm saying is be careful of the EVO, it sounds like you have gotten lucky and not run across any fast ones, but I'm sure you will one day. So don't be too surprised when he runs off and leaves you.

As far as taking my wife or any girl for that matter date in a Shelby or a Ferrari, no doubt they will pick the Ferrari 99% of the time. And the extra clothing angle doesn't can't because logic doesn't work on women, just kidding ladies.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
Hahahahahaha...yea that is the first thing he will think about every time he sees a mustang! Lol

I guess you must not be human. I have never met anyone who enjoys losing. I don't think the guy will lose sleep everytime he sees a Mustang but he will remember he lost to one when he lines up against one the next time around. That's human nature. I might be the only one with this attitude, but when I compete, I want to win. I give it a 100%. Do I always win? No. And I don't lose sleep over the losses either. However, I learn from them so I do better next time. No succesful man man will make me believe they don't hate to lose. Winning is the drive behind all succesful people. That's the point I personally gather from the OP's post. The price and the type of cars are irrelevant to me. You buy or drive whatever you like or can afford. But you line up to race, the expectation is to win. Please don't tell me the guy in the Ferrari expected that outcome and he actually enjoyed it to the point he went raving about it like the OP on this forum. I doubt it.

kaz109

Established Member
I guess you must not be human. I have never met anyone who enjoys losing. I don't think the guy will lose sleep everytime he sees a Mustang but he will remember he lost to one when he lines up against one the next time around. That's human nature. I might be the only one with this attitude, but when I compete, I want to win. I give it a 100%. Do I always win? No. And I don't lose sleep over the losses either. However, I learn from them so I do better next time. No succesful man man will make me believe they don't hate to lose. Winning is the drive behind all succesful people. That's the point I personally gather from the OP's post. The price and the type of cars are irrelevant to me. You buy or drive whatever you like or can afford. But you line up to race, the expectation is to win. Please don't tell me the guy in the Ferrari expected that outcome and he actually enjoyed it to the point he went raving about it like the OP on this forum. I doubt it.

If he cared that much about winning as you and the OP he would only drive something more geared toward drag/stoplight to stoplight racing don't u think? I mean I am sure he could buy it, mod it etc etc for the price of a 458 don't u think? Lol....for me I wouldn't care and would forget by the next stoplight . Yes u race to win but hell with a 458 you could race just so u can hear that beautiful music at 9k rpm...that is a win in itself. You can race , not win and be completely fine with that in a 458.

MrGlock81

Established Member
Get out of here- of course the Ferrari owner cared if he lost. I know a Ferrari owner personally (my boss) that has a very large ego. He doesn't like to lose PERIOD. To think people don't care if they lose is just plain stupid. I hear losers say "I don't care if I lose" all the time. But the first thing they do when they get home is look up parts.

I am not saying that is what the Ferrari owner did but I can guarantee he wasn't happy. Humans by nature are hard wired to love competition. That is the reason the Ferrari owner bought the Ferrari.

Users who are viewing this thread