Killing the noise...

98expo

Established Member
So I posted up about my offroad H-pipe install and the awful sounds the car now makes.... I found a few posts where people added dynomax bullets to the other mufflers to get a better sound.

I bought some bullets and will see if this helps. Here is a pick of them installed in the hpipe. I know they are normally located father back. Anyone see any negatives to this>?

20130927_184636_zps1f9254d4.jpg

spitin venom

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Established Member
Out back are some real short cased flowmasters. They sounded good with the cats, but awful without.

I am currently running o/r h pipe and magnaflow ovals with magnaflow over axle pipes.

I am thinking of trying flowmaster super 44's to see what it sounds like.

It is kind of annoying that nobody really posts videos of their exhaust setups on GT500's so everybody is stuck doing a trial and error type deal with their exhaust. Many members here have tried multiple set ups and are still not satisfied. The 03/04 Cobra crowd posted so many videos that most people knew exactly what they had to order to get the sound they wanted.

Rv-Junke

Established Member

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
Try this thread. I had the same issue with my Raptor when I added headers a full duel exhaust.

Once you determine frequency or rpm noise is from, you need to add dead end pipe opposite direction.

Really works. They have been doing this on large generators for years. Good luck and I hope this helps.

Tired of the drone. Need advice - Page 5 - FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor

The problem with a setup like that is the room for it. I'm running a full 3" exhaust, and I have zero space for a J-pipe like they show there (especially two of them).

I am planning on welding in some Bullets as well to help eliminate the rasp in my system. Mine is ARH longtubes, an offroad X and the Magnaflow street system, all 3". It's too loud, and has way too much rasp. No drone though.

Rv-Junke

Established Member
Yeah our little beauties are a tad tighter than the Raptor. Thanks for the reply. These types of threads are vey helpful!

98expo

Established Member
Got it back together. So much nicer. The hpipe fits back really nice. I will record a video of the after and then post both. So with the dynomax bullets and some single chamber baby flowmasters it sounds pretty good imo.

20130928_134606_zps98ac75a8.gif

Users who are viewing this thread