Killer Chiller Users: Post Industrial Freon Availability Please

Tractionless1

Established Member
I was on Coolant Express' site this week and the new minimum order of Ind. R134 is 25 cases!!! I confirmed with the owner via email.

As most know our previous source Autorefrigerents.com stopped sales to the public in 2013; however, a member sent me an email this week saying he was able to order a case no problem. I've asked him to keep me abreast of whether or not the order is actually fulfilled.

Has anyone else found other sources?

Givens

I wanna go fast
Established Member
I bought mine on ebay a couple of months ago and I just looked, you can order any amount you want.

Tractionless1

Established Member
For Information I purchased the product in the link and it seems to be legit in it's claims. While I don't have hard temp. info. out of the registers my IAT2's have been 10* cooler than normal and I no longer have to run the AC in MAX mod constantly. FWIW I've been a KC user for 6 yrs, with IAT2's displayed constantly for the same time frame and max. values have gone from 110* down to 100* as well as the same difference in crusing IAT2's. I do not have pre-temps. to compare to as my system was down roughly down 1 can and the product has to be added while not overfilling the system; therefore, I added the VS then topped off my system to the usual pressure.

I also used a can in my 2006 F-250 and noticed the same performance increase at the registers. Take it FWIW, but for $15 I feel it's worth a try and would like to hear other owners opinions after adding.

You only need 1/2 oz. can per 1 system, the amount I added.

http://www.es-refrigerants.com/products/w/id/152/t/air-enhancer/details.asp

Tractionless1

Established Member
I'm up for trying this, but I just charged my system.
their site shows sold by the can $6/ea
http://www.es-refrigerants.com/prod...ial-r134a-replacement-refrigerant/details.asp

by the way - anyone reading this run an open air filter? wondering how that will affect final IAT readings, vs a shielded or fender well mount filter...

IAT's are higher with an in engine bay open air filter. That's the reason I didn't top off my system before adding the VS. If you have extra freon you can let some out, add the VS, and top off with the extra freon.

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
I'm getting ready to vac and fill my A/C. What do you guys recommend for freon? Type, amount, and filling procedure would be helpful. I've never done it before but I plan to buy the pump and a nice gauge set so I can do it myself. My whole A/C is brand new and the compressor came filled with oil from Denso.

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
Also I don't have a killer chiller just normal A/C but I want it to be super cold! Any help guys? Getting parts coated this week and I'll be firing it up and filling the A/C!

EAD8BE0A-E0D9-41D5-B16C-B17A417D04F8_zpsfsniwlrl.jpg

A0607FFB-7863-4AF4-9269-F1F566CE6A0B_zpspokpyai2.jpg

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Man I need to get a KC soon! This summer is brutal on my IAT2's!

Keith did you get the race version or just the standard KC?

Tractionless1

Established Member
I had the original unit which has slowly transformed to the gen2 line routing from firewall to KC (original) and condenser to KC (newer gen) but don't have the drag kit. I have the orifice tube in a 2nd gen KC core which is mouted right side up, HE offline with 3 way valve, and Industrial 134 refrigerant; however, I've run Std. 134 as well as ES-12a Ind. in the past as well. I don't see much of a difference between the industrials, but they put std. 134 to shame and I HIGHLY recommend using them.

Users who are viewing this thread