Killer chiller reliability

sleek98

Established Member
What size lines are the ctsv running? It sounds like you have a flow problem and the intercooler itself is not able to recover. How big is the intercooler in the manifold?

If it's truly a flow problem the kc isn't going to help that. You might have ice cold ic fluid temps but if the ic it self is not cooling down due to less than stellar flow your not going to get away from the heat soak.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Mine doesnt recover too fast to "ice cold fluid" temps. I dont even think mind get too far below ambient after my engine bay really heats up. However, im pushing my whipple pretty hard on pump gas. My buddy's IC fluid with an eaton still on his truck stayed far cooler than mine and recovered much faster.
Killer Chiller Said: "He also stated that even if you did back-to-back quarter miles passes, the intercooler fluid would be “ice cold” by the time you circled back around to make the next pass)."
That is true on some set ups. Can you find evidence it does not when the kit is ran off the engine's a/c compressor?

Also to the OP, it's best to delete the heat exchanger on your car to have the KC work best. However if it's the parallel kit, i wouldn't recommend it since the fluid would cook when in cab cooling only is on. You could do a 3 way valve so it blocks off the HE when you want to beat on the car.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
That's a shame the business is going downhill. I love my KC. I get ice cold IC temps and cold cabin temps. No overheating, only note is ECTs run about 10* higher with the AC on.
I don't have a KC and my engine temps are close to 10* higher with a/c on

96lazervert

Established Member
I don't have any issues with my ic system. My brick is good inside the blower lid, pump works great and everything is brand new. I just want the temps cold to prevent the heat soaking from humidity and high temps. There's a lot of traffic where I live so the car struggles to keep temps down... And dealing with ice constantly at the track sucks

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Do they make heat exchangers with fans on them for those cars? Active cooling there will make a major difference when sitting in traffic.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
Sitting in traffic nets the worst results when using my KC. a/c blows hotter and my engine runs far warmer. Just a fyi. Hopefully your efan is up for the job.

Users who are viewing this thread