Killer chiller reliability

96lazervert

Established Member
hey guys,
I'm looking at running one of their universal kits on my ctsv. I'm looking for feedback from those of you that have or have had one of their kits. Is it reliable, did you have any leaking issues, etc... thanks for the info...

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I've had mine for 4-5 years i think. Works fine. The only negative things i've found are my engine will over heat with the stock clutch fan. My a/c sucks balls in the summer too. I went with raptor efans to keep my engine cool. Takes both on at 100% in the summer to keep the truck cool.

I have the KC drag kit and it cools the IC fluid like it should. And being the drag kit, it doesnt drip water when in cab cooling is turned off. As much as i hate the damn kit due to the negative effects, it cools the IC fluid better than anything else on the street.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
A lightning <-- click.

I've had mine charged a few different times by different people per his instructions and doing it however the shop normally does it. All had the same results.

A buddy an hour away noticed the same issues as i said. Some others on the forums as well with these trucks. It seems full exhaust really hurts over all in cab cooling.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
Previous owner of my cobra attempted a KC. He said the a/c wasn't cold so he took it out.

bigmoose

Established Member
That's a shame the business is going downhill. I love my KC. I get ice cold IC temps and cold cabin temps. No overheating, only note is ECTs run about 10* higher with the AC on.

lowflyn

Found my 03sbvert...
Established Member
I've had the regular kit in my 03 cobra for about 2 years now. Have not noticed any decrease in cabin a/c function and it works as described.

Sent from my XT1045 using Tapatalk

bigmoose

Established Member
04 Cobra with a 2.2KB. I've had the kit a little over two years now.

Check out the terminator how to section. There is a thread on how to build your own.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Had mine since conception. I've upgraded the orifice tube one time and since I work at dealer I've fine tuned the a/c charge to point where my in cabin temps are perfect and intercooler water temps are generally about 25-30* cooler than ambient depending on humidity in the air. I personally think its the greatest mod for these car's.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
I've had my Killer Chiller for about 6 years now. I run it all the time. The only issue I ever had with it was when I first installed it and didn't have one of the refrigerant lines tightened all the way. It, obviously, kept losing gas and the A/C wouldn't cool the cabin at all. I traced the leak, tightened it, recharged the system, and haven't had a problem since. I LOVE mine!

Curious since my ctsv is newer it would handle it better maybe? Just thinking out loud..

Don't pay too much attention to that other thread. That is for a new concept, untested system. The standard system works exactly as advertised, and I keep seeing good things about the drag kit, too. Your CTS-V will do well with it.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
I went read the thread, even posted my experience being a test mule for a kit.

There is no way id use the stand alone kit. IMO id only use the kit that runs off the vehicle's a/c compressor. And i felt that way before even reading that gt500 thread.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Upgrade the heat exchanger and pump before installing a band-aid of dubious benefit.

Users who are viewing this thread