Killer Chiller Issue

pbsis

Established Member
Well I finally got the killerchiller all hooked up. Their customer support was great and I was able to call multiple times when I had any sort of question. I have a problem however and havent been able to reach them.

Upon making sure everything was hooked up and recharging the AC. I let the car idle for a good 10 minutes so I could insert a temp gauge in the IC resevior to make sure the system was working( I dont have a in car IC TEMP gauge) Well the car showed temps of around 100F with the AC full blast (outside temp 90F) so I thought something was wrong. Then the Intercooler pump started making a screetching noise that was very loud. Turned the car off put it back on the lift and inspected it. The pump was VERY hot. Turned the car back on and the pump made some noise then went quite. We couldnt get it to make that noise again. So we unpluged the connector and cleaned it an pluged it back in.

Now on to my questions.
How can I tell the IC pump is running or not. I would lean towards not as the IC fluid temps are 100 climing to 125 at idle and killerchiller temps are supposed to be like 55-60 I believe.

Is the pump fried and I need a new one, I know they arent very expensive but I dont want to fry another one once its put on. What could be the cause of this, remember the pump got very hot.

Also i noticed that the resivor had very little water in it when we checked it after refilling the AC system, we let the car cool then added water. Would the low water level possibly fry the pump.

Lots of text here but I would really like some information from those of you who may have any idea whats going on.

Thanks
Paul

SpdPilot

Established Member
To me it sounds like the pump is bad and it also sounds like (from the noise) it was running dry, BUT I have no first hand experience with the Killer Chiller and I don't think many others here do either.

Once you get it sorted out. please post how it works for you. I have been looking at these. Was the install hard?

pbsis

Established Member
well I just went down and jumped the pump and it did come on. Made sort of a gurgling noise but it ran. So I think the pump is good and I belive the noise I heard was the pump running dry. I still need to know why my IC water temps are still at 100 when they should be around 50.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
i would definitely keep an eye on the pump. It should never make any kind of "screeching" noise, they will however change tone when they run dry (pumping air).

Tractionless1

Established Member
Sounds like your pump isn't primed correctly and you may have air in the system. This is no relation to the KC. If you wind up replacing it go Meziere from Lethal.

Users who are viewing this thread