Killed my first SRT-8

ellis4

Established Member
Was driving home from Vegas after spending x-mas with my family, and someone in a nice Chrysler 300c came up next to me with his car revved up. Sounded good, I'm assuming that he had full exhaust and a tune at least.

We got stopped @ a redlight, and he was behind me. I took off quick enough to let him get infront of the car next to us.. The road was wide open, 4 lanes with zero traffic ahead. I heard him floor it behind me at around 30ish so I just wet WOT in 1st when he was right at my bumper.. Spun hard pedaled it through the top of first and the 2nd gear wheelspin. By the top of 3rd I had a solid 1-2 cars, and the top of 4th I was walking away hard. I wasnt powershifting, just quick clean shifts.

I have no idea how fast these cars are stock (the SRT), but mine's a basic bolton 04, with 430rwhp. I was impressed that he hung that well with my car, I figured I'd walk it hard, but maybe he had a little spray.. dont know. :beer:

ellis4

Established Member
I've got a 2.5" mac prochamber and catback, 2lb lower, k&n drop in, tune by Greg @ RET

Drewzilla

Established Member
They are heavy cars but roll out pretty good for what they are. I love the 300 srt's. I was on their forums last night and someone with just an intake and a tune ran a 12.7 @ 114 but that's not the norm. I figure intake,exhaust cars with a tune dip in the high 12's on a regular. Not bad for a 4 door on 20's lol. A typical bolt on/pulley cobra shouldnt have a problem with 95% of them though.

Last edited:

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
Nice kill.
I've got a buddy that runs 11.5's in his SRT 300. You would never think it by the looks.

Juruense

Banned
Good job putting a giant ghey ass 4 door dodge sedan in its place :D a truly righteous kill in my opinion.

res0n0xg

Established Member
A 12.7 at 114 with intake and tune? That sounds completed ****ed honestly, the ET and trap don't make a ton of sense. That is probably like getting an 03 Cobra to go 12.3 bone stock.

Assuming one ran a 12.7 at 114 that 60 foot had to of been like 2.1.... so assuming a good driver nailed a 1.8-1.9 he'd run like a 12.3 at 116 mph which I wouldn't believe at all.

Last edited:

WikedCobra

Established Member
Having several different brands of fast cars and being a member of several different car sites, it continues to amaze me how ignorant people are. Why can't a car that isn't a Mustang be fast? And what type of person calls a 425hp 300C sedan a "ghey ass 4 door dodge" which, by the way is a Chrysler for those who are to slow witted to know.

But I guess everyone can have an opinion. I'm sure some people think that stock, red convertible Cobras are "ghey ass 2 door cars".

Drewzilla

Established Member
A 12.7 at 114 with intake and tune? That sounds completed ****ed honestly, the ET and trap don't make a ton of sense. That is probably like getting an 03 Cobra to go 12.3 bone stock.

Assuming one ran a 12.7 at 114 that 60 foot had to of been like 2.1.... so assuming a good driver nailed a 1.8-1.9 he'd run like a 12.3 at 116 mph which I wouldn't believe at all.

I guess so? It doesnt seem the norm but ET's and trap speeds vary depending on tons of things. Ive seens 10 second passes in the low 120's and 11 second passes in the high 130's. There are so many variables that it's hard to say what makes sense as far as comparing trap speed to ET's. Odd?...maybe. It could also be complete BS too. I mean I dont know much about the cars and didnt see it. Could be wrong. There is also a guy running 11.5's at around 117 with a cammed car. 12.7 @ 114 and 11.5 @ 117. Who knows lol.

BTW good kill to the OP. I forgot to tell you in my first post!

jumbojet

Established Member
Nice kill...basic bolt on=430RWHP LOL...Fin' Cobras!

Anyways...I have seen SRT-8(non Jeep)...go 12.9 at 108MPH with 1.9 60'..STOCK....You underestimate them and you will being playing catch up....

Coming from a stock LS2 M6 GTO owner...they were a nightmare to beat on the street because of how they hook...non posi, and an AMG E55 trans....not your normal Dodge piece of crap some are making them out to be..

For their size and weight they put up a nice fight IMO...

Last edited:

Deuuuce

Established Member
OP, nice kill. Wish you were closer so we can run for grins. But isn't a smaller pulley 1 step above "bolt-ons"?

An easy way to tell (IMO) if it was tuned is if it got rubber going into 2nd at around 48mph.

From my experience, a 114mph trap is possible under ideal conditions. However, that means it's nice and cold which is horrible for street tires. Hence the ET that is a little high. It's possible, EricG has done it as well.

ellis4

Established Member
OP, nice kill. Wish you were closer so we can run for grins. But isn't a smaller pulley 1 step above "bolt-ons"?

An easy way to tell (IMO) if it was tuned is if it got rubber going into 2nd at around 48mph.

I guess you could argue the pulley being a 'basic' bolton or not.. But it's still a bolton, nothing of merit taken off the car. The pulley was done before I got the car, just a 2lb lower. No upper. I'm only boosting ~8-10 lbs according to the stock gauge.

I bet things would have been closer if there had been 2 lanes open @ the stoplight. My tires are fairly shot, and dont hook well as they are just street tires. It was only my 3rd real race. I wish there were more people to have some friendly runs with, I've only gotten to play with 2 vettes and this 300.

Dan SS2471

Established Member
Been tracking SRT-8 track times since '05. They are capable of 12.8s out of the box and in some rare cases, have gone quicker. All things being factored in, of course. Mostly 'good' factors. My stock (ok, K&N drop in..no HP increase) '06 went 13.1 @ 106 with a 2.025 60' after a 75 mile drive in the heat. No cool down. I personally think it's got a few more tenths in it based on better conditions.

Now that the Predator is out, folks are seeing some pretty impressive #s.

And no, I'm not bleeding Hemi orange. I've had GMs, Fords, now a Chrysler (and soon a GN!) so let's not start that game.

Great race!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread