Killed by a Viper

Cammed01C5

Established Member
Me and a friend were out cruising around when I was home at the end of May. We just got done beating some poor kid in a Procharged LT-1 T/A, and the guy driving said he knows a guy with a Viper.
I have been wanting to race a Viper forever, so I said lets go. I meet up with the guy, and he wants to race for money. Luckily, I told him no, since I haven't driven my car in 7 months.
We head out to a safe location in town, and we line them up. Me being a dumbass, forgot to turn off the Traction Control on the first race. We turn around, and we line 'em back up.
We took off, and were even for most of first till he shifted. When I shifted to second, he started pulling away. We got up to about 130 and he put a good 3-4 car lengths on me.

We head back to where we met, and he tells me the specifics of his car. It was a 96 GTS Venom 600. he told me it was making in the neighborhood of 600 hp, and he had a 3.90 gear.
Even though I lost, it was a good time and a great race. I bought the guy 2 Captain and Cokes and went on my way.

tom03lightning

Established Member
3.90 gear in a viper? Tell him I have a bridge for sale too, cause its obvious he'll buy anything....... Still nice death.

Tom

Cammed01C5

Established Member
RixSikCobra said:
Yeah, a 600 hp viper is alot to handle. TIme for some spray!!! Way to go for posting your untimely death :p :thumbsup:

I am pretty much happy with the car, the only other things I have planned are switching to LG longtubes w/o cats, and 3.90 gears. Maybe a pulley.

Sadly I wont drive the car again till probably October 2007. :cryying:

Cammed01C5

Established Member
tom03lightning said:
3.90 gear in a viper? Tell him I have a bridge for sale too, cause its obvious he'll buy anything....... Still nice death.

Tom

Why do you say that? Do they not offer a different gear for the Viper? He did shift way before me.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Cammed01C5 said:
Why do you say that? Do they not offer a different gear for the Viper? He did shift way before me.
I think he may think it's a waste of money with the torque on the Viper. I think it depends on his tires (stickier) and if he has dealt with any hop issues.
There were guys getting killed in the 03/04 Cobras when the first gear swapped, big torque down low plus stocks tires equals tons of tire spin even through the gears.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
DaleM said:
I think he may think it's a waste of money with the torque on the Viper. I think it depends on his tires (stickier) and if he has dealt with any hop issues.
There were guys getting killed in the 03/04 Cobras when the first gear swapped, big torque down low plus stocks tires equals tons of tire spin even through the gears.

3:90's would a complete waste on a modded viper w/ street tires IMO. You couldn't go full throttle until 3rd gear. I wouldn't go any higher than 3:55's. The SOTP felling is huge, but it doesn't always translate to better times. On a road course I would definately want 3:55's +. The yellow viper that is breaking all the drag records I believe has a 2:73

Cammed01C5

Established Member
GTSpartan said:
3:90's would a complete waste on a modded viper w/ street tires IMO. You couldn't go full throttle until 3rd gear. I wouldn't go any higher than 3:55's. The SOTP felling is huge, but it doesn't always translate to better times. On a road course I would definately want 3:55's +. The yellow viper that is breaking all the drag records I believe has a 2:73

Since you have a Viper, can you tell me what the Hennessey Venom 600 package is?

Maybe I am off on the ratio, but I know he said he had a gear. He did have some wicked wide tires. I was on 305 Nitto DR's, and his still looked a lot bigger then mine.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
Cammed01C5 said:
Maybe I am off on the ratio, but I know he said he had a gear. He did have some wicked wide tires. I was on 305 Nitto DR's, and his still looked a lot bigger then mine.
Vipers come with 335's stock :rockon:

TNTramair

Established Member
Cammed01C5 said:
Since you have a Viper, can you tell me what the Hennessey Venom 600 package is?

hennessey Venom translates to "one bad mo-fo". thank your lucky stars it wasnt a Venom 800.

heres a link to some specs..

http://www.supercars.net/cars/453.html

and than for a venom 800tt...

http://www.supercars.net/cars/455.html

which is possibly one of the top 5 badest vipers on the planet...behind TNT's vipers and Skylers's vipers. awsome machines.

no shame at all losing to one of those things.

tom03lightning

Established Member
Big downfall to the Hennessey cars is $$$$$$, you can get a lot more for a lot less now. 800hp from a viper is commonplace. They too have bolt on supercharger kits that get you too (some that get over 700rwhp) and soo both on TT kits for even more.

Users who are viewing this thread