Killed by a GTR but proud of how the Boss showed up!

BADBOSS

Established Member
So driving home the other night and cruising 15 over and pass a black GTR and Silver Porsche 911 Turbo who are dawdling along at 55. I am focused on getting home so don't pay much attention. I pass them and keep going and get a mile or so ahead of them and notice the GTR is coming up fast. He catches me just as I am taking my exit and so he exits. I turn right on the four lane to my house and he turns right and pulls up beside. We nod and go on a roll from 20 and he pulls me three lengths in about 1/8ths of a mile and then the light turns red and we stop. Lesson learned, I was in 2nd and should have downed to 1st. We cross the intersection and this time roll from 30 and my sweet spot power wise. This time he gets 3/4 length and that was it up to about 80 until you guessed it another light. Best sounding GTR I have heard, so I roll down my window and we chat waiting for the light. I complimented him on the exhaust and ask him his mods and if he dyno'd it. He said it had a custom exhaust, intake, intercooler upgrade and tune, dyno was "about 650". He seemed like a nice guy and thought my car was "quick". We gave each other the thumbs up and rolled. Love the Boss!

BADBOSS

Established Member
JBA off road exhaust, 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, Airaid CAI and AED tune, many suspension mods.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
At his power level, he should be driving a 10.5-10.7 car, and trap 130-ish.

Good death

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
They most assuredly are. Even on E85 he's probably at 600awhp

Just saw he said the Dyno was 650. Yeah, that's probably 100hp too much. With a tune/exhaust on stock down pipes, stock turbo inlets, he's looking at likely 550-ish awhp. Still should be a solid 10 second car, even with a tard driving it.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
Just saw he said the Dyno was 650. Yeah, that's probably 100hp too much. With a tune/exhaust on stock down pipes, stock turbo inlets, he's looking at likely 550-ish awhp. Still should be a solid 10 second car, even with a tard driving it.

Yeah I was being a little generous at 600. lol Definitely a 10 second car though.

Rios302

Established Member
JBA off road exhaust, 1 piece aluminum driveshaft, Airaid CAI and AED tune, many suspension mods.
Sounds like your car pulls hard. I once loss to a late model viper he mentioned 500 horsepower. I knew I had no chance but the guy insisted in the end the Viper was ahead but not by much. He then gave me the thumbs up. Any benefits from having the aluminum driveshaft? Do you recommend it.

BADBOSS

Established Member
Absolutely recommend it! It makes the car more responsive to throttle inputs. it just feels quicker, no science to back it up except the butt dyno :dancenana:

mikesyellocobra

Established Member
not to contradict you, but because aluminum is lighter than the stock DS, it reduces the rotational weight; it'll rev up and down faster compared to stock. just passing on some science!

Troponin

Established Member
Lighter driveshift is like decreasing a few hundred lbs from your car's weight. In a Mustang, a few hundred lbs is a big deal. What's cool about mods that decrease unsprung weight is that it also helps decrease wear and tear on the drivetrain.

After I am done the Phase 3 and a custom tune, I think a lighter DS would be a great next upgrade for me too.

BADBOSS

Established Member
that what I was thinking too, because I think he would have walked me harder with 650 rwhp

rbrand9935

Established Member
With the Mods you have vs a tuned and bolt on GTR he should have spanked you silly. These guys are correct as these GTR's are definitely 10 second Cars. If you had a Blower or a Nitrous shot you could make it interesting. Those cars aren't the best from a roll because they are heavy but a dead stop their in the 2's (0-60) I ran a modified GTR about 6 months ago and we were about neck and neck to about 150- My Cobra was making 607RWHP/585 RWTW on NT05 Drag Radials. I might add he had his wife with him and if she was not he would have pulled on me. All in all a great race.

Users who are viewing this thread