Killed by a cammed out Goat last night...

buckinwild

Established Member
We were going out to get a bite to eat last night and this gto with loud exhaust was next to us at the light, he had been behind us upto that point and had revved the motor on me a couple of times (once while behind us and next pulling beside us at the redlight) anyway we're setting at the light and wife rolls window down to listen and right away I hear his cam bumping and I told her this guy has had some work done but regardless I'm up for a race even if I suspect I'll lose I just enjoy the thrill of the race, the light turns green and he had a slow car in front of him so I got clear and punched it and pulled out a few lengths then he came in behind me and ran me down and made the pass probably within the span of an 1/8 mile or so. Dunno, mod'swise I'm pretty much stock and he was obviously modded fairly heavy (at least good size cam and open exhaust) and a bigger cubed motor to begin with. I had fun though, still a good rush win or lose.

LuDamiKE81

Flattest of the Flat
Established Member
My buddy had a cammed ls2 in his goat, they sound badass. He couldnt drive though, mid 12s all day with et streets. Nice death some people in your shoes wouldnt have run him knowing they will probably lose but hey thats racing and anything can happen on the street.:rockon::beer:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
shoot i would of ran him in my v6 or my GT... (And my soon to be black mach 1) just to see what they got

mach5.0

Established Member
Ive been wanting to run a cammed goat in the cobra...

dont mean to thread jack but what do u have done my friend has a cammed 6.0 gto and i wouldnt mind a cobra whooping up on him.

shoot i would of ran him in my v6 or my GT... (And my soon to be black mach 1) just to see what they got

do you already have a mach 1 picked out because i am selling my black mach 1.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Good race, a full bolt-on, cammed LS2 is no joke. I have watched bolt-on/cammed goats at SAR run low 12s and even some 11s. There is blue goat that runs at SAR, automatic with a stall, full bolt-ons, cam, on ETs out back running in 11.70s...

04A4GTO

Established Member
What part of TN are you in...

If it was near Memphis let me know :) I'm sure I can tell you what the guy has in his car if it's in the Memphis area =D

and yeah cammed goats "can" be quick
But some A-holes can't drive and plus GTO's are slow in general

NA_Cobra

Established Member
We were going out to get a bite to eat last night and this gto with loud exhaust was next to us at the light, he had been behind us upto that point and had revved the motor on me a couple of times (once while behind us and next pulling beside us at the redlight) anyway we're setting at the light and wife rolls window down to listen and right away I hear his cam bumping and I told her this guy has had some work done but regardless I'm up for a race even if I suspect I'll lose I just enjoy the thrill of the race, the light turns green and he had a slow car in front of him so I got clear and punched it and pulled out a few lengths then he came in behind me and ran me down and made the pass probably within the span of an 1/8 mile or so. Dunno, mod'swise I'm pretty much stock and he was obviously modded fairly heavy (at least good size cam and open exhaust) and a bigger cubed motor to begin with. I had fun though, still a good rush win or lose.

Cam only isn't heavily modded and I highly doubt it was stroker.

xTomKx

Established Member
Those 6.0 goats are quick. My buddy bought one and first time he drove it to the track it ran a 13.0 stock, stock tires, auto. I drove it and it was so comfortable that it didn't even feel fast. Nice car, but very under-appreciated due to the poor GM exterior styling. GM put few scoops and spoilers on a grand am and thought they were going to win an award. No wonder they got them selves in such a hole.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Good death, from what you described there is no way to know the extent of his mods. However, even just a cam/bolt-on LS2 can trap 116mph+ and leave you in the dust with what you have done.

Last edited:

16kOrBust

Established Member
dont mean to thread jack but what do u have done my friend has a cammed 6.0 gto and i wouldnt mind a cobra whooping up on him.

Port, pulley, etc. It would be fun

That won't even be a race. You should easily be putting down 500+ in a similar weight car, compared to his maybe 400-430 depending on the size of the cam and his supporting mods. It could very well be a 100rwhp difference in two cars that weigh close to the same. He's gonna need a 100 shot to make that interesting unless you suck at driving.

Nice death, OP. Was it an LS1 or LS2 GTO? It didn't necessarily have to be cammed to walk you like that. My buddy's LS2 GTO with mild bolt-ons traps 114 on a good day. Even give him 111-112 on any other day and he's still walking a stockish Mach 1 pretty bad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread