Killed an '04 M3...

Whiskey City

Established Member
from about a 30 mph roll up to 90. Just two old, fat guys horsin' around on a sunny afternoon.

I rolled up to him at a stoplight with nothing but clear, 4-lane road ahead of us. Light turned green and we both proceded, cautiously, forward. Neither one of us wanting to make the first move. After a few seconds of door-to-door driving, I decided to give 'er a little gas because I figured he wasn't interested. The speed limit was 45 and we were going about 30. As soon as I got about half-a-car ahead, he gassed it hard. I saw his front end rise and heard the revs run up quick. I let him get about even and then I let loose the hounds of war:mj::fm::mj: . He hung with me through the top of second but once I grabbed 3rd and hit the meat of my powerband it was all over. I checked my mirror and he was a couple of cars back. I let off and coasted. He caught up and gave me a :eek: and a :thumbsup:. Nice guy, fast car but he was overmatched.

I had a passenger with me who was unfamiliar with the Cobra an it's ways. He was quite impressed.

JP

Peoples Choice 1st Place
Established Member
Do you always just pick on the IMPORTS.
:lol:
Good Kill M3's are nice cars and drive like a dream. I wouldn't mind having one.

JP

Whiskey City

Established Member
JP said:
Do you always just pick on the IMPORTS.
:lol:
Good Kill M3's are nice cars and drive like a dream. I wouldn't mind having one.

JP

Why not? Chevy's taste like chicken.

I agree on the M3, totally sweet car.

Jpjr

Established Member
Nice kill.

The M3 is a sweet car, I definitely will be looking into one in '08 as I am not at all into retro.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
Good kill. I would think that with your car by the top of second you should have been way way ahead. Were you spinning, or did he jump you?

Whiskey City

Established Member
03gobluecobra said:
Good kill. I would think that with your car by the top of second you should have been way way ahead. Were you spinning, or did he jump you?

Well, I did (kind'a) give him a little bit of a jump. He was about 1/2-a-car behind when he stomped it and I let him get even before I mashed it...'cause I'm all about fairness. I was probably going about 35-ish so I was pretty low on the tach in 2nd. It took me just a bit to get the revs up into what I like to call THE POWERBAND OF DEATH, DEATH, DEath, death, death... After that, it was all over.

quad

Established Member
Nice kill! Now it's time to look for the new M5's that will be out soon - or are they already out? That should be a pretty close race for you.

Users who are viewing this thread