Killed a Z06 with a GOOD driver at Carlsbad...

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Yep, McRat is the man - the guy can drive!

Sounds like you had fun :D

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
In all seriousness...great write up!

Wow, McRat giving props to the Cobra?!? Is Satan throwing snowballs? Was that a pig with wings? Is Michael Jackson really normal?

And it wasn't even a KenneBell "SuperCobra"...lol.

Glad you had a good time, and kudos to Leon for giving you a chance to sample the other side :thumbsup:

My favorite:

Car starts up easy and idles smooth. Does not give any indication of high performance. My Ford Van has more lope.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

:beer:

derryck

Established Member
I ran an 11.9 @ 120.7 mph at Gainesville and have similar mods to 'Leon'. I generally shift around 6,600-6,800 RPM's and run stock tires. My best 60 ft. is about 1.90 on the stock F1's which I've been more than happy with as these tires suck. I would rather have had a Bridgestone S-02/03 or equivalent. Great times especially for your first time in the car. I'm surprised you didn't make mention of the clutch... most do.

McRat

Established Member
Originally posted by Xplicit
Patrick, have u and treynor raced?

No. Not yet at least. He's several hundred miles away.

AND... I don't want NONE his damn Viper. That beast is AWESOME! He'd suck the paint off my car.

McRat

Established Member
Originally posted by derryck
I ran an 11.9 @ 120.7 mph at Gainesville and have similar mods to 'Leon'. I generally shift around 6,600-6,800 RPM's and run stock tires. My best 60 ft. is about 1.90 on the stock F1's which I've been more than happy with as these tires suck. I would rather have had a Bridgestone S-02/03 or equivalent. Great times especially for your first time in the car. I'm surprised you didn't make mention of the clutch... most do.

I thought the clutch was great. I think he has an adjust master if I remember right.,

derryck

Established Member
I thought the clutch was great. I think he has an adjust master if I remember right.,

I really meant how stiff it is. I've never driven a car with a STOCK clutch that was this heavy. I've seen several comment on it especially after 'test drives'.

46stang

Established Member
It was a cool race Pat! Very fun to watch! I allmost enjoyed watching as much as i did driving. I am Glad you liked the cobra! Your car screams down the 1/4 mile so i was thrilled to say the least when my car actually won, especially after the beating you gave me last time when i was on my stock tires! I was even more thrilled though that you got my car into the 11's!! Thanks, You can drive man!!!! What i think this thread needs now is that pic. of you in my car with the thumbs up!! ;) We'll have to do it again, maybe this fall when it starts to cool down again! my face is as red as a lobster! thanks again for the lessons, I will try and put them to good use!
Leon

12 Second Momma

Established Member
Here you go Leon
cobrapat.jpg

McRat

Established Member
Originally posted by NeedaCobra
that track looked quite worn out, I'm sorry you had to drive such nice cars on that track :D

HEY!!! That the GOOD part of the asphault. You should see the bad areas, potholes 3'x3'. The track actually has grass growing in the lanes.

McRat

Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Call me skeptical, but I'm still waiting for an angle.

This isn't REALLY McRat! I ran his ass over when he was walking into a Starbucks. I took his house keys and am enjoying making him look bad from his own computer.

You in the 11's yet? ;-)

46stang

Established Member
This isn't REALLY McRat! I ran his ass over when he was walking into a Starbucks. I took his house keys and am enjoying making him look bad from his own computer.

LMAO Pat, that's tooo funny! you know you look good in my car! Why not forget the neon and get a cobra, than you and kathy could grudge race every weekend;-) j/k. oh and get off my pc and go home will you:p
I had a blast watching you two trash talk each other at the track! :beer:
Leon

treynor

Confirmed Power Junkie
Established Member
Premium Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
McRat - although I agree the Viper wouldn't be a fair match, maybe we can pit your Z against my 4-door? That'd be an interesting race :)

McRat

Established Member
Originally posted by treynor
McRat - although I agree the Viper wouldn't be a fair match, maybe we can pit your Z against my 4-door? That'd be an interesting race :)

Against your new S600? You got slicks for it? ;)

I am certainly interested in what kind of real-world numbers those will run. They certainly have surplus HP, but they are pretty heavy I believe.

After we get a new clutch (sticking to the floor occasionally), it might be fun to run up to Sac. How anal is Sacramento with the "11-second boot" rule?

Users who are viewing this thread