Killed a RS3

Dave5.0

Established Member
Driving in the 5.3 last night with my buddy and we see an orange Roush Stage 3 S197. We were in traffic a little bit but I could tell he was trying to get up to me so we can do a run in a clear straight.

Cars clear out we line up. I downshift to 2nd at 40 and it's game time. He gets a jump on me, I hit it and spin, rape it into 3rd and slingshotted about 7 cars ahead of him in a period of 4 or 5 seconds. We did it again and same outcome. He looked surprised because he probably thought "5.0, easy target!". He ended up having like 540 or 560 at the wheels or something. Still, no match!

Fun runs though. Middle aged dude with his daughter in the passenger seat. Lotsa balls!

sdg97232

Established Member
Lol with the mods you're rockin he might as well been driving a ugo.......the term "piranha in a gold fish bowl" comes to mind.

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Also by the looks of it, OP has a complete suspension setup and tires, so I can see this kill happening, he had traction while the RS3 probably sat and spun. Not to mention 150+more rwhp!!!

Lol, bench racing at work!

adidasUNT8

Established Member
540 at wheels vs 700/730 at wheels i'm still not seeing 7 cars in 4-5 seconds... a win nonetheless... but exaggerated unless he just let off at the beginning of the race?

adidasUNT8

Established Member
especially at 40mph in 2nd, unless he's running some steep gears. I start out at 50 in 2nd with time to get to 65/70 and I am running 3.73's. Unless he's running like 4.10's... Not doubting he won, just the accuracy I guess... and 4.10's on street w/700 is not a great combination...

Last edited:

Dave5.0

Established Member
3.31s. 3rd gear makes it up to over 100MPH with my upped limiter. It made over 700RWHP and 600RWTQ. Excellent suspension/tire setup. How is that hard to believe?

And he didn't let off at all. He was gripping perfectly fine when he hit it. I saw at the next light he was running Mickey Thompsons.

Last edited:

NinjaBum

Established Member
540 at wheels vs 700/730 at wheels i'm still not seeing 7 cars in 4-5 seconds... a win nonetheless... but exaggerated unless he just let off at the beginning of the race?

Lol you're just arguing semantics at this point are you not? Yeah maybe it wasn't precisely 7 cars in exactly 3-4 seconds. Would you have preferred it if he didn't guesstimate and just said "I sodomized him greatly in a short amount of time?"

adidasUNT8

Established Member
Lol you're just arguing semantics at this point are you not? Yeah maybe it wasn't precisely 7 cars in exactly 3-4 seconds. Would you have preferred it if he didn't guesstimate and just said "I sodomized him greatly in a short amount of time?"

No, I guess I just appreciate stories to be accurate. Not too much to ask I think.

Nice kill either way.

adidasUNT8

Established Member
3.31s. 3rd gear makes it up to over 100MPH with my upped limiter. It made over 700RWHP and 600RWTQ. Excellent suspension/tire setup. How is that hard to believe?

And he didn't let off at all. He was gripping perfectly fine when he hit it. I saw at the next light he was running Mickey Thompsons.

You started in 2nd at 40mph with 3.31's and put 7 cars in 4 seconds. Maybe he started in 3rd or 4th? I'm just saying I have a little more power than you and I have a good suspension/tire set-up as well, so I have a general idea how you car pulls.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Good kill. Friend knows a local guy who just got a 13' RS3. He told my friend if he though his RS3 could "hang" with me. The way it was asked was he thought he would take me I assume. Going to try to set something up soon.... there will be vid... yes.........there will be vids. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread