killed a modded z28

SnoracerX

Think Snow
Established Member
coming home from work and i see a black z 28 loud exhaust get stopped at a red ask the guy what he has done

3.73's
cai
exhaust
shift kit
custum pcm tuning

traffic clears we go from a 40 roll i let him get the jump he pulls 1/2 car i pulled even by the top of second and when i hit third i pulled past him by two cars gave him thumbs up and on my way

rdvenom99

Established Member
You beat a modded Z28 in your stock 97 cobra? That driver must really suck. Was it an LS1 or LT1?

screwed

'Round And 'Round I Go
Established Member
Originally posted by rdvenom99
You beat a modded Z28 in your stock 97 cobra? That driver must really suck. Was it an LS1 or LT1?
I'm thinking the same thing. Good kill, anyway.

Firemedic01

Established Member
As the owner of a fairly quick LT1, how fast is your Cobra? A new '03 Cobra is too fast for me but the older cobras were a good match or slower than me unless they had some mods like serious gears. Either way, good kill. I enjoy racing even when I lose, which is just a part of life. Just please God, don't let it be to a ricer.

SnoracerX

Think Snow
Established Member
it was an lt1 and an auto my car seems to run really well stock i need to get it to the track this guy said he runs consistent 13.7's

:shrug: :shrug:

Firemedic01

Established Member
You have one well tuned stock '97 cobra if you beat a z28 so well and he runs 13.7 consistently at the track. Not even a K&N filter on your car?

03SLOBRA

Trollin aint easy
Established Member
40mph is a dead spot for Auto F-bodies, the trans just doesnt downshift the car and what happens is you accelerate like a manual does in 4th gear from 40mph. I know I have to manually downshift my car to second just to get the revs up to reasonable levels. My friends 97 Cobra could easily catch me flat footed at a 40 roll if I don't downshift.

Good kill but you probably didn't race the cars true capabilities. If he said he runs 13.7's, which sounds about right, you might be suprised if ya ran at the track. Ya could have a runner!

Rearpl8tsinsite

QQQQ
Established Member
Nice kill!

At the track I see the stock 97 Cobras running mid to high 14's. The ones with gear are in the lower 14's. Your car must be a very strong runner to beat that Z.

From a role at 40 my auto is horrible like 03Slobra said. From a dead stop or closer to 25 mph the 3:73 show their true capabilities.

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Rearpl8tsinsite
Nice kill!

At the track I see the stock 97 Cobras running mid to high 14's. The ones with gear are in the lower 14's. Your car must be a very strong runner to beat that Z.

From a role at 40 my auto is horrible like 03Slobra said. From a dead stop or closer to 25 mph the 3:73 show their true capabilities.
My '97 Cobra was stock down to the ford air filter except for 4.30's and eibach lowering springs. Even with a crappy 2.1 60' on our crappy ass cali tracks with my crappy driving I managed to get a 13.8 on my one and only time at the track in 13 years and first time with a stick. If the people at your track are running low 14's with geared 97 Cobras they just can't drive, you are quoting the slower times you see, you are at altitude or a combination of those.

SnoracerX- good kill. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread