Killed a Maxima in the UAV

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
I was on my way home in my denali when I saw a guy in a white new body maxima darting through traffic. Road was pretty clear so I caught up to him and finally got a red light. Punched it off idle and stayed right next to him through first and started to pull in second. He let off and turned before I could embarass him again. I was really surprised my pig of an suv could stay with a maxima like that. I know it was an auto but I didn't think my truck would run low 15s with just an intake, exhaust, and 87 oct tune on the superchips. I also had my king shepherd and my bike in the back so it was even funnier, LQ4 FTW :banana:

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I was on my way home in my denali when I saw a guy in a white new body maxima darting through traffic. Road was pretty clear so I caught up to him and finally got a red light. Punched it off idle and stayed right next to him through first and started to pull in second. He let off and turned before I could embarass him again. I was really surprised my pig of an suv could stay with a maxima like that. I know it was an auto but I didn't think my truck would run low 15s with just an intake, exhaust, and 87 oct tune on the superchips. I also had my king shepherd and my bike in the back so it was even funnier, LQ4 FTW :banana:

"New body" Maximas like in the picture below are capable of mid 14's stock, even as a 5-spd auto. You had to have ran a CVT-auto equpped one. Those suckers are dogs, from what I've heard.

ns2007maxima19410759m.jpg

bmfgsxr

Established Member
"New body" Maximas like in the picture below are capable of mid 14's stock, even as a 5-spd auto. You had to have ran a CVT-auto equpped one. Those suckers are dogs, from what I've heard.

ns2007maxima19410759m.jpg

that sums it up pretty good. ive even seen some guys run low 14's bone stock in the 6spd's. its possible he really wasnt racing you, but if he was then good kill. anything can happen on the street.

bunk22

Established Member
I had an 04 265hp Maxima A4 and it was pretty quick. Anything can happen on the street I guess but theres no way my Tahoe could take it except off a cliff. I now have an 03 A4 245hp Altima and it too is pretty quick.

89shoyamaha

Established Member
It seems all of the late model imports have gotten fast. I believe the new Maxes, Altimas, Accords, & Camrys all run in the 14 sec range. I even had a new Impala SS stay with my stock 97 Cobra midway thru 2nd. I was spinning badly but even when it hooked he was there for a second. I think they have V8s.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
I am the only one who saw UAV and thought, "Wow is he a Predator operator?" Good kill nonetheless, although actually killing a maxima with a UAV would have been cooler.

DanTheMan18

Established Member
I am the only one who saw UAV and thought, "Wow is he a Predator operator?" Good kill nonetheless, although actually killing a maxima with a UAV would have been cooler.

LOL. I thought the same thing. I was sitting here saying to myself "WTF is this guy doing with an unmanned aerial vehicle?"

Good to know I'm not the only guy who was thinking that. :beer:

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
LOL I guess I have too much cod4 on the brain but I call it the UAV (urban assault vehicle). I never ran my truck at bandimere (for what reason?) but I've been seeing some low 15 second time slips for stock denalis. Keep in mind my truck has some good boltons and comes with the 6.0 not the 5.3. The max was an auto and he was definitely on it hard, I heard his vq35 switch cam duration and it sounded sweet for being stock. I know there isn't a chance in hell of beating a 6speed but I'd still take my truck over a max
IMG00278.gif

JasonSnake

Established Member
I just did a 60 run on the highway with one of these new maximas. It was a stick and sounded like a 6 cylinder. Gave me a good run but I slowly crept away. :(

boostaholic

Mile High
Established Member
Stick and auto is night and day, the tech at my work (used to work at tynan's nissan) said the regular autos are quick but my truck is a good match. I'm getting a custom tune to remove most of the bs torque management in these trucks so it should really wake it up. Bolt on denalis are running mid 14s with a good tune and longtube headers, just surprised the hell out of me that the pig did so well.

Beetle6986

Established Member
Stick and auto is night and day, the tech at my work (used to work at tynan's nissan) said the regular autos are quick but my truck is a good match. I'm getting a custom tune to remove most of the bs torque management in these trucks so it should really wake it up. Bolt on denalis are running mid 14s with a good tune and longtube headers, just surprised the hell out of me that the pig did so well.

I'm surprised you could keep up with the Maxima. Are the Maxima's slower than the Altimas. I have an 06 Altima with the 3.5. They are running low 14s stock with an auto.

bmfgsxr

Established Member
thats a nice looking stealth mobile you got there.. i love the stealth look.

beetle, the maxima's have a higher hp rating, but ive seen most altimas beating the maximas when you go 3.5 stick vs. 3.5 stick.. could be the drivers, or the extra weight of the maxima hurting it.. more likely a drivers race i would guess though.

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
I'm surprised you could keep up with the Maxima. Are the Maxima's slower than the Altimas. I have an 06 Altima with the 3.5. They are running low 14s stock with an auto.

The newer Maximas with the CVT, instead of the 5-speed auto, are low 15-second cars, or maybe high 14-second cars at best.

beetle, the maxima's have a higher hp rating, but ive seen most altimas beating the maximas when you go 3.5 stick vs. 3.5 stick.. could be the drivers, or the extra weight of the maxima hurting it.. more likely a drivers race i would guess though.

Not if you count the 2002-2003 Maximas. They're at least 200lbs less than the newer Maximas, with the same engine.

M.O.E

Screw head
Established Member
Nice kill! I used to own a 98 max 5spd with some good mods.. and i ran a 14.9 at 5500 elv! I'm still a believer that the vq 3.0 is better then then 3.5. Used to pull on my buddies 02 max when they first came out, and i was stock then.

Why even bother messing with a tahoe that much?

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Nice kill! I used to own a 98 max 5spd with some good mods.. and i ran a 14.9 at 5500 elv! I'm still a believer that the vq 3.0 is better then then 3.5. Used to pull on my buddies 02 max when they first came out, and i was stock then.

You're about delusional, if you really believe that tripe. :dw: It's like an SN95 Mustang owner claiming that his GT is faster than the New Edge GTs - and the power difference between the SNs and the New Edges are far less than your 98 Max vs a 2002 (190HP vs 255HP).

Don't get stupid with me either, as I have owned a 95 Maxima 5-speed, and my current DD is a 2002 Maxima. And just so you realize, your 98 Maxima weighs in at around 3,000 lbs, and my 02 Maxima weighs in around 3200 - not enough to to make up for the damned-near 70 HP difference.

How about we put this in perspective?:

[ame="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/02-Maxima-vs-04-GT-Mustang---dounts---TSM_108109.htm"]02 Maxima vs. 04 GT Mustang - dounts - TSM - Video[/ame]

(Before anyone calls bs on the vid, the Maxima is a full bolt-on [intake/header/exhaust/tune] car and the GT is intake only.)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread