Killed a C6 Vette and a tubro'd Camaro

99SVTAddict

Established Member
Raced a new C6 Sunday night....had some bolt-ons and nice wheels. Auto. We hit it at 40mph and he kept up for a split second and then I pulled away hard. Just into third gear and I already had a car and a half on him so I shut it down.

Then his buddy in the Camaro came pulling up fast....we slowed down and hit it. Went from a 35mph role. Son of a bitch if we weren't dead even through second gear. Into third....he still is right next to me.....4th....finally start pulling away. About 1/2 way through 4th gear I had about 3/4 of a car on him. At that point it was time to hit the brakes as we were going slightly over the speed limit. :uh oh:

We pulled over and talked for a bit after several more races....going from a dig I just walked away from him so blame that on his launch. That camaro was the fastest car I've run into on the street first hand. Found out he had a turbo pushing 7 lbs, cams, and spraying methonal/water injection. The C6 was an auto with bolt-ons and full exhaust.

Went home with a BIG grin on my face that night! :-D

stangfreak

Established Member
wait... what year was the camaro?

so he had a turbo cams and spraying meth and you beat him?????

99SVTAddict

Established Member
The guy driving the Camaro said it had a turbo on it running 5-7 lbs of boost, cams, and had a progressive methonal/water kit. Had the controllers mounted in the glove compartment. The Camaro is an 02 according to someone who knows him from a local message board here in SE Michigan.

He said I was the first car to beat him all summer. Like I said, his car was fast and we were dead even up to 105mph or so until I started to pull away.

30th T/A

Established Member
do you know what kind of turbo it was? do you know if it was it the rear mounted turbo?

5-7psi with a cam and meth...hes probably 450-500rwhp

Ryan00TJ

Established Member
Nice Kill! Sounds like you have one bad mofo there. Probably the STS setup from the low boost numbers he was running.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Running joke...

99SVTAddict said:
The guy driving the Camaro said it had a turbo on it running 5-7 lbs of boost, cams, and had a progressive methonal/water kit.
As a pushrod motor, the LS1 has A cam...singular.

99SVTAddict

Established Member
As a pushrod motor, the LS1 has A cam...singular.
My bad....but you got my drift.
As far as turbo, he said what it was but it escapes my mind.

Thanks guys.
I usually don't post about my kills but the other night got my adrenaline pumping. :beer:

RealQuick

Established Member
Nice! Sounds like an sts rear mount setup. A local guy near me ran his ls1 camaro with a forged bottom, heads, cam, sts w/T70 turbo and laid down 700rwhp @14psi.

stangfreak

Established Member
nice mj just put down 740rwhp on his 03 twin turbo cobra with twin 57's on pump gas and 15lbs of boost. stroked and cammed!!!!!

primetime

Established Member
99SVTAddict said:
Thanks...never been to Norwalk. Alternative Auto did all the work. Lidio did a great job on the tune.

Nice! Lidio tunes my brothers KB Cobra and my GT also. Great dude. We have a big Smackdown event in the spring and fall at Norwalk. You should try to make it down for the fall. Check out the Corall as there is a specific forum. Lidio always comes down also, and brought his 05 GT in the spring. Hopefully he will bring his Mach in the fall. later Ron

Users who are viewing this thread